• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paste Wax with Collinite 476s / M16 durability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paste Wax with Collinite 476s / M16 durability

I'd love to see Megs come out with a PASTE wax that has durability of M16 or Collinite 476s.

Both of these paste waxes are known for their long lasting protection and I feel that Megs does not have a paste wax that rivals these at this time. I know M16 is still semi-available outside the states and many forum users have a small stash of it, although it has not been reforumlated (yet).

Since we are in the middle of summer in the US, most of us can wash and wax fairly often. During the colder months, having a product with this durability is great for the community. Applying this wax in the late fall could help protect the finish until early Spring.

This wax should be user friendly and it would be nice to have minimal trim staining. While NXT, M26 and Cleaner Paste wax are great products, they often lack the durability of the M16 / Collinite 476s waxes.

NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Re: Paste Wax with Collinite 476s / M16 durability

Good input, and we'll certainly pass it along to the Mktg Department
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

I too would like to see an M16 type wax become available again, even though I do have direct access to M16 as I'm in Canada. As this will be my first winter with the new car and my newfound madness for wanting to keep it good looking, I will be doing the car half with M16 and half with Col 476. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that M16 will at least equal the 476 as it appears to be easier to work with than 476 AND I know it plays well with anything else Megs makes.

It really is a problem, this winter thing. Around here it's a roll of the dice whether I can keep doing things like waxing and hand washing after September.... I recall getting back from a camping trip and the snow hit the ground about a week into October and never left until spring which around here can come late... as in around end of April or the beginning of May and even then it can still be too cold to hand wash using a hose......... I do have access to an indoor wand wash outfit that charges by the minute, so it's not like I CAN'T wash it by hand but the cost is pretty high if you push past 20 mins. Still..... we'll see.

Regards

Christian

Comment

For the last couple of winters I have used Collinite 476s during the colder months. I'd give the car a good wash / clay / coat of 476s. A couple of days later I'd add another coat of 476s. In my experience, the wax has lasted about 4 months before the beading started to taper off. When the car did get dirty, I would take it to a coin wash and spray off using the high pressure rinse to knock off the grime.

I know that M16 is a proven wax that has stood the test of time, mainly because of the gloss and protection that it provides. Having another product on the market from Megs (especially in the US) would provide another option for detailers. Most of the current Megs products last about a month, maybe 6 weeks at most. While I'm all for using lots of Megs products, I feel the time saved in re-application would more than justify the cost of a more durable wax.
        NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

I personally love Collinite 845 liquid wax. I really don't have the patience or time to work with pastes, but have found the 845 to give me the results I desire.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');