• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Twitter

I work as a network admin for a LAN serving the Navy and Marines. Facebook, My Space, and Twitter are intentionally blocked because the Navy considers them to be security risks, or avenues for open port attacks. Our users (military personnel and civilian contractors like myself) receive regular e-mails reminding us that sites like these are also risks for potential identity theft and phishing scams. Military personnel are constantly reminded not to discuss their upcoming deployments on Twitter if they are accessing it from their personal computers at home.

While I realize that the Navy has to be extra vigilant in regards to internet sharing-sites like Twitter and Facebook, I kinda take my cue from them and follow suit. But as Mark mentioned, Twitter has considerable networking value for professionals and businesses

Comment

Re: Twitter

I find most people who "hate" Twitter don't have an account or have one and don't really use them.
      You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');