• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First Try Using DACP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Try Using DACP

hey members,
    I would just like to share with you some pics of my first use of DACP. The first 5 pictures are of the typical swirls that I have on both of my cars. In the sun you can see the swirls and you can see the test area that i taped off. In the test area I used DACP with the pc set to 5.5 and moved slowly putting pressure on the pc head, I then used speed glaze for a final polish. The last picture is of the test area.

Andy

Last edited by onawrxhigh; Nov 7, 2004, 08:01 AM.
    2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Looking good Andy! Looks like you've mastered the dual action polisher. A very dramatic difference between before and after. Now all you have to do is finish the entire truck!

Nice documentation through pictures too!

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: My First Try Using DACP

Originally posted by onawrxhigh

Looks good! Are those marks left by leaves? Most of the pics have similar shaped marks.

Did those marks come out after polishing too?

Comment

hey scrub,

you hit the nail on the head. these cars are kept outside 24/7 and there were only 2 leave marks on the car and yes it did come out of the test area becuase it to had a leaf mark.

Comment

Good to hear it.

I like to see what can be done with the PC and DACP #83. It helps me when performing a surface eval for clients. I can better estimate what the PC can and can't do. I would have said those marks were a lost cause. Of course there are many variables that determine if the paint can be corrected.

Comment

scrub,

you are absolutely correct. but the one thing i have going for me is the fact that i know the last time they were waxed and with what where you have to take a guess by evaluating the paint surface. the car was waxed only 1 1/2 to 2 months ago with nxt.

Andy

Comment

i think you did a great job!
              2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');