• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M07 Show Car Glaze...I'm a believer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M07 Show Car Glaze...I'm a believer!

I've used Show Car Glaze on a few vehicles in the past, but since they were newer and all had been sealed previously I didn't really notice an appreciable difference.

Well, now I'm a believer. After three days of polishing on the '89 Vette Coupe I bought recently the paint really came to life after applying M07! So I applied a second coat of M07 and topped it with M21. Tomorrow I'll apply the second coat of M21 and then perhaps M16 this weekend. (Thanks for the tin, Nick!) The paint looks incredibly wet so I'm not sure it can look any better, but it will be well protected. Sure, it's a lot of work, but on my own vehicles it's worth it to me and I think this is something I'll use on those "make a big impression" jobs in the future. Before and after photos and reflecton shots coming soon to a "Show off your latest detail" thread near you.

A few tips from what I learned today using M07. You pros correct me if I'm wrong. It can be very difficult to remove if it's applied too thick and/or is allowed to dry. It also helps immensely to wipe it off very slowly. (while still wet) Wiping with fast strokes makes more work and does not remove the product correctly or efficiently causing smears. Since it's so hot it did dry in some areas before I could get to it so I used the applicator to moisten the dried product and then wiped it off immediately.

If you haven't tried M07 yet or had bad luck with it in the past, give it another go. If I'm correct, the results will only last if you top it with sealant (M21 or NXT 2.0) or a good wax, though.

Hope this helps.

Re: M07 Show Car Glaze...I'm a believer!

Mike has talked about removing the bulk, then coming back around and wiping off the rest. Not fighting it all at once.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Just to add to Murr's comments, I dug up an in depth article buy Mike Phillips on the correct way to apply & remove #7.

I think it's one of Mike's greatest write-ups.
      r. b.

Comment

I'm certainly not trying to say I know more than Mike Phillips. The day I do that someone shoot me, 'cause I'll have obviously lost my mind.

It was about 110 degrees in my garage yesterday and if there had been any residual product after one wipe I'm sure it would have dried to the dull "skin" as described. I merely wiped off the wet product by hand with slow passes and turned to a clean side of the microfiber to bring up the gloss, then on to the next section. I did not have to go back for a second wipe once the entire car had been "glazed". I did a second application the same way merely to satisfy my own curiosity and when I was finished the dark red metallic paint looked very, very wet, dark red and metallic. An application of M21 made no noticeable difference to the gloss. At least not that I could see. I applied the glaze in the garage and moved the car out under a tree to apply and remove M21 with a DA.

One thing I did notice about M07 is how a clean microfiber will "drag" on the surface due to the glaze not drying so I know it was there, it just didn't dull.

This is morning I applied a coat of Opti-Seal just to try this product for the first time. Very nice stuff too! About 1/2 oz for the entire vehicle. Wipe on, that's it.

Have a great weekend everyone! Next step is to detail the interior and post some pics. Cheers

Comment

I like how it tuns out.

Check out this 2000 Mustang I did. M07 Topped with M26:

Comment

Hey 10, next time try #5. I was told a couple of years ago, that #7 is not great when it is very humid out. So in the summers down here I go with #5. New Car Glaze. It is a lot easier to work imho then the #7 in humid conditions. Just a thought for your next time.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

a friend gave me #7 and #26 liquid. If I get a chance, Ill try them out soon and post up my expierience. I have been a bit timid to try it because of what I heard about it being difficult to remove.
              Hitachi SP 18VA & PCXP
              Rides: 94 XJ & 04 Explorer XLT

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                Hey 10, next time try #5. I was told a couple of years ago, that #7 is not great when it is very humid out. So in the summers down here I go with #5. New Car Glaze. It is a lot easier to work imho then the #7 in humid conditions. Just a thought for your next time.
                Several months ago someone from Florida was on here and said they were going to do a write up about the differences between #7 and #5 in humid conditions. I wonder how that came out.
                Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

Whiskey, nice job on that stang. I love seeing a thread with you in it because I sing the song everytime I see your user name.

Comment

Glad to hear you like it, I just ordered some!

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                      Sure, John, twist my arm to try another Meguiar's product.

Originally posted by ninobrn99 View Post
                      a friend gave me #7 and #26 liquid. If I get a chance, Ill try them out soon and post up my expierience. I have been a bit timid to try it because of what I heard about it being difficult to remove.
                      Go for it ninobrn99! I didn't find it that difficult this time and it looks great(3rd or 4th vehicle I've used it on so far). It just takes some patience to find out how much to apply, then wipe before dry. So do small areas at first so you don't get discouraged. Say 16"x16". A thin film of polish is all you need I tackled too large an area on my first tries making more work. Every car is different, so it will work better on some than others. I applied it after wiping the car with 50/50 isopropyl alcohol/water solution and ended up working a 3'x3' area with M07 by the time I was half way around the car. So I went ahead and applied a second coat. Took about an hour total. I'm sure I could cut that in half if I hussled.

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
                      Glad to hear you like it, I just ordered some!

Yep, another weapon in the make-it-shine arsenal.

More pics coming soon, Megafast. I agree this and any thread to do with detailing is pretty much worthless without pics! Maybe this will hold you over.

Comment

Originally posted by 10degreesbtdc View Post
                        Wow!

That looks too good.
                        r. b.

Comment

Every time I see it I see a big candied apple and just want to lick it!

Comment

The vette looks great. We need more pics.
                            quality creates its own demand

Comment

I actually decided to use it today on top of M26, which happened to be on top of 3 coats of Collinite 845. It looks very very wet! I didn't have a chance to take pics, but I will.

What I did notice was that it CANNOT be applied to a warm surface otherwise it'll cake up really weird. Didn't run into any issues wiping it off other than that. Very impressed with the results.
                              Hitachi SP 18VA & PCXP
                              Rides: 94 XJ & 04 Explorer XLT

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');