• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M07 Show Car Glaze...I'm a believer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M07 Show Car Glaze...I'm a believer!

So my plan then is to use a yellow Meg's foam pad with a small amount of #7 on it and to simply apply it to the surface.

Do I go with a circular or back and forth motion?

Any "passion" at all or just easy pressure or no pressure at all?

Do it in small sections, such as a fender, a door, half of the hood, etc., right?

Leave it on for a few minutes, basically long enough to finish a section, then take it off?

Another question i had was that if the #7 is somewhat oily and actually stays on the surface and in the pores of the paint, won't applying a sealer or wax (I want to try my new bottle of #21 version 2.0) just smear all of that around?

Also, how will a sealant like #21 (or NXT or any carnuba-based wax for that matter) stay on the car? You're basically applying it to a layer of oily show car glaze which isn't tenaciously held on itself, right?

Thanks for any help and I'm sorry if these are stupid questions guys. Thanks.

Christian
    clucia@sellarlaw.com

Comment

Originally posted by acr-c View Post
      Do I go with a circular or back and forth motion?
      From my perspective, it makes no difference if you use either one. I tend to favor the circular motion myself.

Any "passion" at all or just easy pressure or no pressure at all?
      Just enough pressure to spread the product out. All your looking for is to apply an even coat.

Do it in small sections, such as a fender, a door, half of the hood, etc., right?

Leave it on for a few minutes, basically long enough to finish a section, then take it off?
      Read our previous posts concerning that.

Another question I had was that if #7 is somewhat oily and actually stays on the surface and in the pores of the paint, won't applying a sealer or wax (I want to try my new bottle of #21 version 2.0) just smear all of that around?
      No, any last step product will bond to #7 and remove it, except for the very small amount of polish that permeates the paint.

Now, I am just giving my opinion here. Others may disagree with me, but I have always believed that the trade secret oils in Meguiar's products are capable of penetrating the finish....clearcoat included. If not, then the polish would be completely removed.

Also, how will a sealant like #21 (or NXT or any carnuba-based wax for that matter) stay on the car? You're basically applying it to a layer of oily show car glaze which isn't tenaciously held on itself, right?
      Read my last statement.
      r. b.

Comment

Thanks for the additional information.

So, you agree that a LSP such as #21 2.0 might just be taking off the majority of the #7, leaving only what's left behind in the pores? Why do we do it that way then?

Christian

Comment

Thanks for the additional information.

So, you agree that a LSP such as #21 2.0 might just be taking off the majority of the #7, leaving only what's left behind in the pores? Why do we do it that way then?

Christian
          If applied properly, a LSP will remove any leftover residue from any cleaner, cleaner / polish, or pure polish.

Not sure what you mean by your last statement.
          r. b.

Comment

I'm just trying to figure out how applying #21 with a DA on a nice black foam pad, after applying #7, won't just wipe off any kind of oils from the #7, whether on the surface or "in" the pores. It seems to me that applying the #21 over the top of the #7 would just wipe it ALL off. Maybe I'm just being too simplistic with it though...

Christian

Comment

Id say expirement. Try it. Though, I though you usually want a sealant on bottom, then top. I know this is a glaze, so I honestly dont know how it works out.

My thinking says, sealants grab to paint, then your other LSPs grab the sealant.

You dont want the sealant grabbing on to any other LSPs as that would defeat the purpose and would only be as durable as your wax or glaze.
              Hitachi SP 18VA & PCXP
              Rides: 94 XJ & 04 Explorer XLT

Comment

That's exactly what I'm saying although I've read a lot of other posts saying that you put the #7 Show Car Glaze on and then "lock" it in with a sealant/wax...

Comment

That's exactly what I'm saying although I've read a lot of other posts saying that you put the #7 Show Car Glaze on and then "lock" it in with a sealant/wax...
                  Correct.

I wasn't referring to using a glaze / polish over a sealant / wax...although I've heard of some folks doing that.

There are even some diehards that prefer to use #7 alone...with no wax at all.
                  r. b.

Comment

Ok. So I finished my 105/205 today and then went over the whole car with Quick Detailer and a high quality microfiber. Then I went over the car with #7, doing it in manageable sections. I used a yellow Meg's foam pad with light pressure in a relatively larger circular pattern and even a straight pattern where appropriate.

I found the #7 went on VERY EASILY. I only applied a thin layer. Once you get rolling, you really don't need to reapply product to your pad very often.

Taking the M07 off was also VERY, VERY easy. I was amazed actually. The car looks phenomenal -- so far. I still need to apply my first coat of M21 2.0 sealant tonight. Then maybe another one tomorrow.

This should come out good.....

Christian

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');