• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$4 for a De-Ionized wash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $4 for a De-Ionized wash?

Big Lot's has the Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash System for $4!

Total List Price: $44.97
    Price For All Three: $4

+ +

AutoDry Device, 3-use starter soap, 3-use starter filter
    Provides a spot-free clean with no need to hand dry!
    Starter Kit includes Mr Clean
    Lightweight device has 3 separate nozzles for regular rinsing, spraying soap solution, and spraying filtered water
    Mr Clean AutoDry Filter removes spot-causing minerals from final rinse water
    Device features: durable ABS plastic housing, soap reservoir with vacuum metering to deliver consistent soap mixture, filter change indicator, leak-resistant hose hook-up, textured handle to prevent slippage

Re: $4 for a De-Ionized wash?

Hey Mario,

The liquidiation outlets around here are carrying this exact item as well, for $6.99 Canadian, which is roughly $6USD. They have a lot in stock last time I checked. Apparently Mr. Clean is discontinuing the production of its Auto Dry car wash line of products. I could no longer find this being featured on Mr Clean's website.

Before I do a full-detail, this is what I prefer using. If I were to polish and apply LSP anyway, I wouldn't mind using a stronger detergent on my car. Besides this kit reduces drying time by up to 60% for me. I don't find this product bad at all.

Comment

I have noted in several posts that I find great utility with the Mr. Clean AutoDry deionized rinse mode for my final rinse. From my personal experience, the water spotting is noticeably reduced when using this feature. Today I washed my car and used the soap mode with the AutoDry soap for the first time as a pre-soak - and it seemed to work well as a poor man's Gilmour Foam Gun. Of course I followed the pre-soak with my standard two bucket wash using Gold Class shampoo.

BTW, you can find the refill bottles of the AutoDry soap now selling at 99 cent stores.

Just note that the deionizing cartridges that come with the Mr. Clean AutoDry kit are good for only 3 uses, which is why it's labeled as a starter cartridge. But the replacement cartridges at WalMart and Target are good for 10 washes and sell for under $6 each.

Comment

Hi ClearCoated,

I am pretty sure the kit mentioned above includes a cartridge that is good for 10 uses. I bought the exact same kit and it claims it has the 10-use filter.

Thanks.

Comment

Seems like a good deal. I guess I will have to go and get one. In my neck of the woods we have very hard water. Maybe it will help. For $4.00 I will be a big spender and give it a shot. lol.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Who still uses water?
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
              Who still uses water?
              Kind of off-topic, but if you are doing a survey, then I am one that still uses water.
              Most of my washing is done with a rinseless product and I use 2 gallons of water right from the tap. One gallon for wash, one gallon to rinse the wash media. I put the rinseless product in both the wash and the rinse water so I don't dilute the wash solution. I use warm water as it seems to clean mush better than cold water.

I do use a waterless product some. It also seems to work fine, but I don't use it if the vehicle is extremely dirty. A quick spray off of the caked on dirt at the DIY spray wash before using the waterless wash works for me. I don't worry about the DIY wash taking off my LSP. Heck, it doesn't even take off all the road film. Seems like it is unlikely to remove a wax or sealant.
              Charles
              The Rainmaker

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                Who still uses water?
                you

Comment

Here's what you get for $4 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Maserati Mario View Post
                    Here's what you get for $4 bucks.
                    The sprayer, soap, filter and an old stained rug?
                    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by superior shine View Post
                      the sprayer, soap, filter and an old stained rug?

lol!
                      Michael

Talent hits a target no-one else can hit; genius hits targets no-one else can see. - Schopenhauer

Comment

always something...hee, hee.
                        Now I have to clean my rug because someone said it was dirty.
                        You just insulted my Deb. And it's not stained! But she still threw it in the washer! lol!

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
                          ...BTW, you can find the refill bottles of the AutoDry soap now selling at 99 cent stores.
                          Lier! lol!
                          I just went and mine had none!

Comment

Originally posted by Maserati Mario View Post
                            always something...hee, hee.
                            Now I have to clean my rug because someone said it was dirty.
                            You just insulted my Deb. And it's not stained! But she still threw it in the washer! lol!
                            No APC and a hot water extractor?
                            James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                            Calais Auto Detailing
                            CalaisDetails@aim.com
                            www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Everone watch out, Joe is on a roll. lol
                              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');