• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges"

Picked up my new Jetta Sportwagon Turbo Diesel last week. The dealer doesn't put any stickers or plaques on his cars! He offered a license plate bracket if I wanted it. Didn't take it. Finish was in very good condition? clean with no wax and minimal swirls. All I have done so far is wash and wax. In a few weeks I will buff out the finish. First tank averaged 34 mpg in mixed driving. Car has tremendous acceleration. I guess I will have to change my screen name from matrixowner to something else. Funny story; I brought my 03 Matrix XRS to the dealer to see what he would offer for trade. Spent about four hours getting the Matrix ready. Sales manager looked at for 30 seconds and wrote down the VIN number. He called a wholesaler and go a number from him. Offered me same (Iguess). Waste of time to clean it up. Anyway, here are some pictures:

Art Layton
    2009 Jetta TDI

Re: "Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges"

Nice!
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Re: "Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges"

Originally posted by matrixowner View Post
      Spent about four hours getting the Matrix ready. Sales manager looked at for 30 seconds and wrote down the VIN number. He called a wholesaler and go a number from him. Offered me same (Iguess). Waste of time to clean it up.
      The wholesaler will hire a 15yr old to wash the cars with a brush and leave it out to dry in the sun, inducing swirls and waterspots, rendering your work in vain.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');