• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I buy from the Detailier line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I buy from the Detailier line?

I detail 1-2 cars per weekend with light to moderate paint problems (swirls, some dulling and oxidation, etc). I'm wondering if I should invest in some Detailer and if so, which products? Hyper Dressing seems to get rave reviews no matter where I go, but that's about all I hear of the Detailer products.

Thanks in advance for your help.

to Meguiar's Online

I would highly suggest the following:
    Hyper Dressing
    Last Touch
    Hyper Wash
    All Purpose Cleaner
    Safe D-greaser
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Thanks. I'll definitely look into those products.

Comment

Re: What should I buy from the Detailier line?

Originally posted by Porkanbeans
        I detail 1-2 cars per weekend with light to moderate paint problems (swirls, some dulling and oxidation, etc). I'm wondering if I should invest in some Detailer and if so, which products? Hyper Dressing seems to get rave reviews no matter where I go, but that's about all I hear of the Detailer products.

Hi Porkanbeans,

Welcome to Meguair's Online!

Here are a few suggestions for some high use products,

Hyper-Wash

All Purpose Cleaner

Glass Cleaner Concentrate

Hyper-Dressing

Last Touch Spray Detailer

Don't forget an all-in-one wax that cleans, polishes and protects in one step.

#66 Quick Detailer

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: What should I buy from the Detailier line?

Originally posted by Porkanbeans

Hi there and welcome. What everyone has said is true. All the Detailer Line products mentioned are great products. I switched from the consumer line to the detailer line earlier this summer. Bulk chemicals are cheaper, and the Detailer Line products work very well (except the body solvent for me). I use the Hyper Dressing, APC, Safe D-greaser, Glass cleaner, All Season Dressing, and Last Touch Detail Spray.

I don't recall if you've mentioned how you apply your products (machine or not) from other posts.

For the paint corredtions you mentioned I don't think the Detailer Line really offers what you would need. You might have to hit the Mirror Glaze Line. I mainly use #80 Speed Glaze and Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner . Of course each situation and vehicle is different. #80 leaves behind a nice looking (polished) finish, one can move to their LSP of choice.

What part of GA are you from?

Hope this is some good food for thought. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcomes guys. I'm using a PC with Edge 6.5" buffing, cutting, and polishing pads. The only quality products besides the NXT line I've used are a bunch of Poorboy's products that I've had great success with. The only problem with PB's is that it's not too cheap. I'll probably limit my use of that stuff to personal and family cars.

I am very impressed with the only Meg's pro line product I've tried (#39), and I'm eager to try a bunch more like DACP, Speed Glaze, etc. Basically what I understand is that the Detailer line is good for washing and dressing, whereas I'd be better of with the pro line when it comes to polishing, sealing, etc. I'll probably use NXT as a topper very often, I love that stuff. After a while I'll give #16 a shot.

Scrub, I'm from Marietta, Georgia. Kind of in the northwest metro Atlanta area. Where are you in SC? We're up visiting family in Florence a lot.

Comment

Cool I have fam in Acworth. We'll be visiting for turkey day. I can stop by and drop off some different product samples for you to try.

I live in Aiken SC.

I did some checking of PBs and would like to try one day. I like the fact that the stuff can be applied in sunlight.

IMO Your assessments of pro line and detailer line are on the money.

Comment

Thanks for the offer, but it turns out they are all coming down here for Thanksgiving! Oh well, at least I'll have some details to keep me busy with my PC. We have quite a lot of body shops around these parts that carry the entire Meg's line, so I'll have to pay a visit to one and pick up some goodies sometime this weekend. I just ordered $150 in microfibers from Poorboy's, so I'm nearly set for quite a while!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');