• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with scratches and buffing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with scratches and buffing

im having a problem with buffing my car i always used meguiars stuff, no problem what so ever, i dont know if my product is too old but the last 2 times i did my camaro for g13 I wasnt able to take the deep scratches out of my car and and on top of that i left really faint machines marks on the car not visible to the naked eye but still enough to upset me, and on top of that all those darn web marks, basically i would love if you can share your technique.....and also whats the best way to get rid of those very light machine marks. i was using a red pad with mid abrasive and then i stepped it down to a very light almost polish abbrasive on a yellow pad, i used a makita rotary, then hand polish, then wax...all meguiars stuff because i love that car crazy man ....
    Last edited by Mike Pennington; Jul 29, 2009, 04:31 PM. Reason: Language - Mike Pennington

Re: im retarded

While this is a pretty long video, it may be beneficial for you to view if you already haven't

How to Remove Paint Defects
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post
      While this is a pretty long video, it may be beneficial for you to view if you already haven't

How to Remove Paint Defects
      It's a very good video.....One of my favourites..'Long'....well,when it gets near the end,I just wish it would continue!

Comment

I love the video. Not only is it informative, seeing defects finally removed with a buffer is *Mark Kleis for reference to inappropriate actions

Is that Mike Pennington in the entire video?? He's very handsome.
        Last edited by Markus Kleis; Jul 29, 2009, 10:27 PM. Reason: Family friendly language

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
          EDITED
          Wow, you are car crazy
          Last edited by Markus Kleis; Jul 29, 2009, 10:27 PM. Reason: Family friendly language
          Matt

Comment

dude i bought that on a website...and they sent my video casette, it was 2 years ago EDITED FOR LANGUAGE i got it i only watched in once at my wifes grandmas house...surprisingly she had that technology
            Last edited by Markus Kleis; Jul 30, 2009, 09:03 PM. Reason: Please keep your language family friendly

Comment

Yes Mike P is very handsome!

Comment

yea that guy tickles my fancy ....jajaja, man i worked like 2 miles away from the meguiars and i lived in orange county and never went now i live in tampa florida and cant go, same thing with the beach had it over there almose never went, atleast i have beautiful beaches here, I am going to try to get over there and plan a trip when there is a class so i can get some hands on...

I think im not holding enough speed and im not going getting all the matierial out..im going to buy fresh product, and attack my daily driver and see my results after that i might tackle my camaro. i need to learn patience as wel..
                thanks guys love this community and love how you guys are supporting car crazy guys....I picked up a parttime at autozone and i always make sure to recommend your product to everybody thats ask, and i make sure that i always frontface the meguires section every time that i am in there and make sure there is enough product all the time.Not only because of how great the products are but because i think Barry has build an incredible company, its incredible to see the guy on TV sometimes i come home from working my two jobs feeling like dirt, turn the TIVO to car crazy and i just cant be mad anymore....I wish someday i can meet Barry, Mike and all the other guys and get there signatures on some nice megiuars banner and put in my garage over here in Tampa.. first I have to Find where i can buy my Banner and save up for my ticket to California or far away home as I call it.....

Comment

the store manager the other day said that im a secret PR guy from Meguiars .You guys might think im nuts but nobody out there has the customer service that these guys have, nobody has and incredible line like this, its a top product for the everyday man like myself Barry has showed the entire community that it is possible to create a product that is of great quality and affordable for the average consumer again kudos guys your great.

Sincerely

David D

Comment

Glad you like the products David, we certainly do here at MOL

Comment

I see there was a lot of editing going on here.....Looks like i missed all the fun.

Comment

I'm so dumb sometimes...i forget to but the lid on my potty mouth

Comment

I personally don't like the topic title either, that should be edited as well...

Many people would find "retarded" used in that context, offensive.
                          Matt

Comment

i apologize in advance i should of use stupid or slow..i tend to be humorous and i was trying to inbody a stand up comedian who uses the frase frequently i apologize if i offended anybody and if necessary kill the thread all together...

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
                              I personally don't like the topic title either, that should be edited as well...

Many people would find "retarded" used in that context, offensive.
                              Consider it done. I was on the fence with this one and didn't want to seem as if I was over censoring the forum, but if you guys would prefer it gone, that's fine with me!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');