• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solvent Based Dressing, Silicone Free Dressing and Water Based Dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solvent Based Dressing, Silicone Free Dressing and Water Based Dressing

Solvent Based Dressing, Silicone Free Dressing and Water Based Dressing: How come no one ever uses them?

Does anyone have any reviews of any of these products? It seems like HD and ASD are the only common ones used among MOL'ers.

I know SFD is for Body Shop areas that don't want items that would interfere with their painting process.

I may buy a sample of each in my next purchase just to see how they are

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Re: Solvent Based Dressing, Silicone Free Dressing and Water Based Dressing

Can't have Solvent Based Dressing shipped to many states anymore due to the VOC laws.
    If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokeman View Post
      Can't have Solvent Based Dressing shipped to many states anymore due to the VOC laws.
      Is it a good dressing?

Comment

I was just thinking this the other day... I will keep an eye on this thread.
        James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
        Calais Auto Detailing
        CalaisDetails@aim.com
        www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

I use Water Based Dressing frequently, and talk about it and recommend it here and there, when the appropriate time arises. Good stuff. Like HD in a way, but cheaper. I use it all of the time for engine detailing. *See my engine detail of the Roush. Dressing = WBD*

Comment

I have some of the older Solvent Based Dressing (S-Dressing) from the Detailer line and it appears to work good. It doesn't like to go on our Neon Trim, but it looks great on the Yukon wheel wells and Neon wheel wells. The trim on the Yukon reacts to it pretty good.

Solvent based is not VOC compliant in some states, I can't get it here in California, but my sister/brother/parents in Oregon can get it .

I thought Tyler used the WBD!

I say get a sample and post your results, and try on different cars!

My test cars are our Yukon and Neon and both are very different as far as plastics and trims go with what I use.

Take some pictures too!

Have fun!
            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Yep yep. One of the few that admits it anyways, lol.

Comment

Bump

I was wondering if anyone else had any input on this?

Comment

If it wasn't a seller, it would be pulled from the line and replaced. Clearly, people are using all of these products to warrant the production.
                  NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Water based dressing in great on engines, wheel wells, and interiors if you like some gloss...I just ran out of it and haven't ordered more yet.

It smells great too!!!
                    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
                      Water based dressing in great on engines, wheel wells, and interiors if you like some gloss...I just ran out of it and haven't ordered more yet.

It smells great too!!!

How do you like it compared Hyper Dressing?

Comment

I did reviews on everything except the Solvent Based Dressing as they were not allowed to ship it to me.

The reviews are either here or now gone, AGAIN, as the server changes has lost many of those reviews...

The Silicone Free Dressing (SFD) is an excellent product that is ready to use, is body shop safe, and one of my favorites. It does not last as long as ASD but it smells fantastic and looks awesome! I have used it in wheel wells, rubber mud flaps etc. It makes an excellent exterior dressing in sensitive environments.

The Water Based Dressing, is similar to SFD, though it can be diluted for sheen and gloss. The problem is that it is hard to come by as it is available through limited distribution. It is very economical to use and seems better suited for interiors.

Tim
                        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post

It smells great too!!!
                          Why wouldn't ASD be a better choice for wheel wells?
                          Al
                          ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Bunky View Post
                            Why wouldn't ASD be a better choice for wheel wells?
                            It would be a better choice as it will last far longer in the wheel wells... But to some, the sheen of ASD may be too much depending on the type of material used in the wheel wells, which is why I usually use HD for that purpose... Plus HD and WBD does not attract as much dust in the wells compared to ASD.

I wish they would bring back Engine Kote as I just love it on plastic liners in wheel wells....

Tim
                            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I never purchased any of the Water Based since it seemed much too similar to HyperDressing. I use HD in wheelwells, tires, engine bays diluted 3:1.

I haven't used ASD, but have seen it applied and it reminds me of your typical "used car lot special" dressing as it is VERY liquid/shiny when applied. I'm sure it's better when buffed off, but I've never seen it done. ASD makes the tires really 'black' but also very shiny.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');