• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ScratchX (old) New & Improved/DA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScratchX (old) New & Improved/DA

I still have an availability problem here.Hopefully will get sorted out in the near future.

Firstly,I tried scratchX with the rotary today and got excellent results.This is with the diminishing abrasives,right? I don't get SwirlX,ScratchX2.0 or Ultimate compound,which I understand uses SMAT.How does this technology differ from DimAbr's,or does it still use DA's? I actually like the DA technology and think it is good.

Secondly,the old ScratchX,is it classed as a cleaner or cleaner/polish?

As far as the pro line goes,(again,hopefully will get in the future)M105 & M205 use SMAT...micro abrasive Technology? Is this better than using #85 and # 86(If I recall the numbers well for similarity),using DimAbr?

Last piont.Under the section,'FAQ's' there is a complete product list. Is there anywhere on the forum of a direct comparison list,between the consumer line and the pro line,where possible?

Only problem is getting a hold of the goodies.I'll keep trying....

Re: ScratchX (old) New & Improved/DA

1. No, they are quite different. I am sure there will be DAT products around for a while, so you can probably find something else you like.

2. The old ScratchX is a cleaner.

3. Depends what you are working on. You generally wouldnt be using #85/86 a lot. #80/#83 are the more common products. If you mean specifically for rotary use, someone else will have to compare them for you.

4. There really is no comparison list. For a while it was pretty impossible to do except for soap and wax, but it gets a bit more similar with SwirlX and UC out now.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks Murr.

Yes,it's rotary usage i'm looking into. I don't know all the numbers for the pro line products,but I see 105/205 are popular. But I'll need to know what to order if I can manage to get a hold of them. i'll go and have a look at the list to see the #80 and #83...That's why i said i wasn't sure about the numbers.

I understand how DimAbr's work,but i'm not sure about SMAT.

Comment

Well, somehow they have 'super micro abrasives' that are rough enough to abrade the paint, but do it without leaving any marring behind.

The DAT products work with abrasives that start off possibly leaving marring, but as the abrasive breaks down, the marring gets less until it is all gone.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');