• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motorcycle cleaners vs car cleaners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle cleaners vs car cleaners

Is there any advantage in using the motorcycle wax, spray detailer, metal/chrome polish vs. car wax, spray detailer, metal polish?

Just curious, so I don't have to spend more money getting motorcycle cleaners and waxes when I already have plenty of car products.
    2008 Chevy Silverado Vortec Max LTZ
    2008 GMC Acadia, SLT2
    2006 Chevy Silverado W/T
    1997 Chevy Silverado Z71

Re: Motorcycle cleaners vs car cleaners

You can use either one if you are already caring for your car.

The one important product would be the seat protectant, since it is not supposed to be slick.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Is there any advantage in using the motorcycle wax, spray detailer, metal/chrome polish vs. car wax, spray detailer, metal polish?

Comment

You would be fine either way.

Comment

I am looking for a product from Maguires to replace a product that i use to get from Kit, called "bike clean" . The best stuff i'v found. Trouble is that its no longer available any ideas?

Comment

What did the Bike Clean do? Was it a wash, or a cleaning product, or left protection behind, etc?

Comment

this product deep cleaned bugs, tar and road grime instantly, left no streaks or residue. It also left a protective coating of some sort that actually repelled water. I can't figure out why they quit making it. must have been bad marketing.

Comment

Hmmm.. after looking it up, looks like a spray bottle, all purpose celaner? For something like that, you would probably be looking at a product like Body Solvent, or APC+. But those would be very harsh to be using all the time. And they certainly would remove any polish or wax left on the surface.

Comment

S-100 Total Motorcycle Cleaner is the best motorcycle cleaner. Particularly good for washing a dirty bike thats been detailed recently. Spray on a cold bike, hose it off. Dry's PERFECT w/ just a couple wipes. Looks better than the original detail!
                  If the bike is pretty rough, agitate grunge w/ a brush.

Works on car engine compartments like the cats meow, too.

Comment

Don't use "tire shine" on the tires

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');