• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When to use Deep Crystal paint cleaner??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to use Deep Crystal paint cleaner??

The very light abrasive nature of Deep Crystal paint cleaner has led me to think that in what situation can I actually use this product, I have heard that it is almost useless at removing swirls/halograms etc, but more of a cleaning product, I have a bottle sitting in my detailing garage, so I want to find some way of utilizing it.

is it fine to apply this once or twice a year for general cleaning, and how should it be applied?
    what kind of scratches would it remove light or very light?
    also, what is the compostition of the formula, does it contain diminishing abrasives?

Thanks.

Re: When to use Deep Crystal paint cleaner??

Ron, you would use DC1 whenever you need a pre-wax cleanser. DC1 is designed to remove below-surface contaminants, dirt, stains, as well as previously applied wax. It cleanses through a combination of chemical cleansers and a small amount of diminishing abrasives. It will leave the paint surface ready for wax.

If in your detailing session you do not intend to correct your paint, then you may wish to insert DC1 as a cleansing step between claying and waxing, at least periodically.

Cheers,
    Al
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

thanks for answer akimel, so it should be used as a light cleaner for removing very light blemishes and cleaning the paint, how should it applied, the size of area and the time and pad pressure it should be worked in..as with the first Scratch X, the product should have been worked in until film went clear, is it a similar scenario with DC1?

Comment

I have become very cautious with paint cleaner. I tried the Meguiar's for Mercedes Paint Cleaner on a small spot of hood and I feel like it put in a lot of fine swirl marks. Not sure if I am doing it wrong, but I was not happy. I'm beginning to think I should only use it on small spots that need it not everywhere.

Comment

Hi pmb600....It shouldn't...i've used it plenty of times without any bother.Did you clay your car first? This does help.

Comment

I didn't actually clay first (I know I'm bad, I just wanted to try a small spot). I will try that next time. Not sure if it matters but the paint cleaner is actually pretty old now (at least 2 years), do you think it's time to chuck it and get a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by pmb600 View Post
              I have become very cautious with paint cleaner. I tried the Meguiar's for Mercedes Paint Cleaner on a small spot of hood and I feel like it put in a lot of fine swirl marks. Not sure if I am doing it wrong, but I was not happy. I'm beginning to think I should only use it on small spots that need it not everywhere.

You definitely did something wrong, DC1 does not cause swirls.
              Matt

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');