• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leather Steering Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Steering Wheel

I have a 2007 audi A6 with less than 40k miles on it and a beige interior. The leather wheel is starting to wear/get very dirty in the spots in which I use it heavily. I cannot tell if it is worn through or just dirty. Initially I thought it was just very dirty. I used black magic leather wipes because they were on sale. They seemed to pull a lot of dirt off, the wipes always came away black, and the spots gone. Now the leather is a different texture and is black in spots. I bought armorall leather gel, and if I rub really hard it seems to get better. My friend tried to help out with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser... I freaked when I saw it. I don't know if this is very stubborn dirt or if the leather is worn and black is underneath. I want to buy either Meguiars leather care or Zymol.

Please HELP! This car is not nearly old enough to have a worn down steering wheel. Also, If I attempt to use my fingernail through a papertowl, it seems to get better.

I can provide pictures if that will help.

thanks
    -MMalvin

Re: Leather Steering Wheel

A few pics will help. But I would start with APC and a microfiber or terry cloth and follow up with a leather cleaner/conditioner.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Sounds like it's just uber nasty (did I spell uber right? maybe it should be oober? ).
      Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Agreed.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
          A few pics will help. But I would start with APC and a microfiber or terry cloth and follow up with a leather cleaner/conditioner.
          To add to this... IMHO, you might also want to try a tooth brush (on the steering wheel, that is).

Comment

Sure, soft brush if needed.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');