• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make sure I am getting the right stuff for the job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make sure I am getting the right stuff for the job

Hello all.

Its time again to purchase some more product and I would like some advice on purchasing some things from the Detailer Line:

Here is what I want to get and what I want to use it for.

Leather Cleaner & Conditioner - I think I got this one down...

All Season Dressing or Hyper Dressing - apply to exterior plastics and interior plastics

All Purpose Cleaner - clean interior fabrics and door jams and under the hood

Now I have a quick question, would hyper wash or shampoo plus be the best car wash, or are they both even car washes?

Thanks for any advice!
    2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

Re: Make sure I am getting the right stuff for the job

Your current list looks great!!

With the washes, it really comes down to personal preference and whether or not it is cost effective.

Hyper-Wash has a dilution rate of 400:1, so you will get a lot more uses out of Hyper-Wash. Both are great products though.

If your ordering through ADS, you could order a small sample of each to try out then buy the gallon of what you like better.

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Is this for your personal car, or for a detaling business? The reason I ask is because the two-step Gold Class leather conditioner is also very good. The numbers don't work out as well for bulk detailing, but for 1 or 2 cars it's hard to beat.

Also, there are some threads on Shampoo Plus vs. Gold Class vs. Hyper Wash vs. NXT Wash. All of them are good, but some might add some extra lubricity to the wash. Try a search on 'Shampoo Plus' and 'Hyper Wash' and see if that helps you out.
      NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
        Is this for your personal car, or for a detaling business? The reason I ask is because the two-step Gold Class leather conditioner is also very good. The numbers don't work out as well for bulk detailing, but for 1 or 2 cars it's hard to beat.

Also, there are some threads on Shampoo Plus vs. Gold Class vs. Hyper Wash vs. NXT Wash. All of them are good, but some might add some extra lubricity to the wash. Try a search on 'Shampoo Plus' and 'Hyper Wash' and see if that helps you out.
        Thanks for the replies. Its for me personally, I currently have the 2 step cleaner conditioner stuff and like it, I also have the Gold leather spray stuff and use that as well. I was just looking for another product, but if are not as good as the 2 step ill just got another bottle of that (would be cheaper anyways).

Thanks again, ill check out the threads on car washes.
        2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

Comment

You can also use the APC for wheelwells, tires... and a million other things around the house.

I like #62 Shampoo and Conditioner myself...
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I like Shampoo Plus for the wash. Like Murr suggested APc for the wheels and a whole bunch of other things.
            Never tried Hyper Dressing. However I like using All Season Dressing for exterior trim and wheel wells.
            Leather cleaner. I am thinking about this one also. Right now I am using Gold Class.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Hyperdressing is good for: tires, wheel wells, exterior trim, interior plastic, plastic running boards, exposed underbody, etc. It makes neglected plastic look new after a nice cleaning with APC! You could use it for vinyl, but I recommend M40.

APC can clean pretty much every interior surface, exterior trim that needs extra attention, wheels, wheel wells, etc...
              James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
              Calais Auto Detailing
              CalaisDetails@aim.com
              www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');