• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite non-Meguiar's Products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite non-Meguiar's Products?
    • Collinite 845
    • Stoner's More Shine
    • ONR
    2013 Highlander - black
    2010 TL - black

Comment

I've got Pinnacle Souveran, 303 Fabric Guard and Natty's Red en route from AG in the mail, they should be getting here Thursday. AG's recent Pinnacle sale with free shipping on $95< orders and 10% from Autopia made it an offer I couldn't pass up. Sorry Meguiar's.

1 HNBK-PIN - Pinnacle Car Care Handbook 0.00
      1 PIN-312 - Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba Wax 69.99
      1 G-14922 - Meguiars Quik Out Carpet Stain Remover 7.99
      1 PIN-10-6 - 6 QTY Pinnacle Foam Applicators 5.99
      1 303-30616 - 16 oz. 303 High Tech Fabric Guard 12.99
      1 PB-NPW-R - Poorboys Natty's Paste Wax RED 19.99
      1 autopia - 10% savings -11.70
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sub-Total: 105.25
      Tax: 0.00
      Shipping & Handling: 0.00
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      TOTAL: 105.25
      James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
      Calais Auto Detailing
      CalaisDetails@aim.com
      www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

I bet most of ya never heard of this one...4U Cleaner. It's an RV/marine concentrate cleaner/degreaser. Non toxic, no odor, dirt cheap and the best all purpose cleaner I have ever used. One part cleaner to 10 parts water. I have thrown away my 409, Simple Green, Woolite carpet cleaner and all the rest. Spray in on vinyl/leather seats....sit back and in about 20 seconds watch the dirt start to flow away! Degrease engines and BBQS at stronger mix. Takes red wine out of white slacks, puppy pee out of the carpet and on and on......an $8 combo pack makes up to 10 gallons of product.
        Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Calais View Post
          I've got Pinnacle Souveran, 303 Fabric Guard and Natty's Red en route from AG in the mail, they should be getting here Thursday. AG's recent Pinnacle sale with free shipping on $95< orders and 10% from Autopia made it an offer I couldn't pass up. Sorry Meguiar's.
          Well, I think MP going to AG was one of the best things for cleaning up the info given at that site.

As to the products you got... I just tried Souveran two weeks ago for the first time and I think it is a really nice wax. Probably not worth the money, but still a nice product. I simultaneously tried Fuzion from AG and didn't like it as much as Souveran.

Although to be perfectly honest with you, for $70, I think there are better sealants you can get than Souveran at probably less than 1/2 the price.
          ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Collinite 845, 476, Poorboys Black Hole, Natty Blue, and all Duragloss products.

Comment

Best towel in the world

My favorite non Maguires product is a simple cleaning towel. It’s distributed by Mystic Maid, they have a web site. I’ve had mine about 8 years and it is amazing. It’s the original micro fiber before micro fiber became the standard. They have the patents on split micro fiber technology. It’s a smooth weave as opposed to knitted loops and 50% nylon and 50 % polyester, the more nylon the better. You can clean glass streak free with just water and I am a smoker, so you can imagine how the inside glass can get. It’s great for cleaning dashboards inst clusters etc. They advertise that it will clean and polish all hard surfaces. I called their help line and they assured me that it is clear coat safe. As soon as it warms up here in Ohio I’m going to give it a try on the exterior.

Cyber3fan

Comment

I learned how to use the PC 5 years ago with Pinnacle XMT 1, 2, 3 and #4. I spent many, many hours, days (& nights), weeks honing my skills with this product. XMT seems to work ok, it does what it is supposed to.

The products I go to for a quick detail are Megs #9, and the Gold Class liquid car wax. These products seem to do a really great job at hiding/filling very shallow swirls/scratches.

I know true enthusiests/professionals are adamant on using a 2-3 stage process, or in extreme detailers, a 4-5 stage process, but I like these products for a quick detail, and these products are great at just that, a quick detail.

The Liquid Gold Class will give your finish a deep, shiny gloss.

Comment

+1 for Collinite 845
                  2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
                  2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
                    Water

Good one! Universal!

Comment

Well I've got Pinnacle Souveran and I must admit that it some really great stuff, it is just too easy to work with.

Natty's Red- a wax you can use in the sun! It gives that wet look everyone is looking for, I layered it over NXT 2.0 on a customer's car and we were both very happy with the outcome.

Pinnacle applicator pads- I like them so many times better than the Meguiar's foam pads, sorry. They are thicker, more ergonomic and not separated in the middle, plus the blue color shows when the pad begins to become saturated.
                      Calais Auto Detailing
                      CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

Originally posted by Calais View Post
                        plus the blue color shows when the pad begins to become saturated.
                        So does the pad that comes with NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0.
                        Nick
                        Tucker's Detailing Services
                        815-954-0773
                        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Turtle wax foaming tyre shine.
                          The 500ml aerosol seems to last ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                            So does the pad that comes with NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0.
                            But it is not as thick and ergonomic, though. Somehow the foam is just as soft yet more dense. I bought them because they were on sale at AG, I definitely plan on ordering more.
                            Calais Auto Detailing
                            CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

I love Back to Black.
                              Blazing a Trail in Arizona one weekend at a time.

Comment

* Stoner - Tarminator, Xenit, Trim Shine (aerosol), trim shine (liquid)

* Diamond Pro's - Blue Mist

* Clay Magic - Blue and Red Clay

* 3M - Pro series headlightlens correction system, perfect it 2 for dark vehicles

* SM Arnold - Water Sprite chamois
                                David M. Sylican
                                Innovative Detailing
                                Headlight Lens Restoral
                                Detailing Caddy
                                Join us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');