• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions for a bugsheild turning brown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions for a bugsheild turning brown?

Alright so I give up on the bug sheild on the Liberty.

Here is a picture of it...

As you can tell it has a brown haze to it. If I polish it out (normally M205) and wax itm it's perfectly black and looks great. But after 1 wash it turns hazy, dull and brown.

It takes a lot to polish it out because of all the curves and stuff.

I have one on all of our cars and this doesn't happen to any of them besides the Jeep. Its Lund, so it's good quality.

Anybody have any tricks on these? I'm getting tired of taking it off and polishing it every couple weeks.

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Re: Any suggestions for a bugsheild turning brown?

You may end up having to cover it with a clear bra. It may have had some form of protective coating, which appears to now be gone, and thus it is oxidizing at an extremely high rate.

Aside from continual polishing, the only thing I can think of to fix the problem would be to cover it up with clear bra or clear coat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
      You may end up having to cover it with a clear bra. It may have had some form of protective coating, which appears to now be gone, and thus it is oxidizing at an extremely high rate.

Aside from continual polishing, the only thing I can think of to fix the problem would be to cover it up with clear bra or clear coat.
      Yea my nieghbor said that too. I took it off for now and I kinda like how the Jeep looks without it, but I know I won't once it's covered in rock chips.

I just looked and they are about $70 so I might just get a new one, instead of fussing with getting it covered up.

Thanks Mark.

Ryan
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

You could always play around with a couple rattle cans of clear and see what happens. It might be worth the $10 in paint to possibly avoid buying a $70~ new shield.

Comment

I agree, our local Schucks sells that wheel clear coat in a rattle can that may be worth a gander.

Other than polishing or wetsanding to get the oxidization off.....
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');