• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Body Solvent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Body Solvent

I've had much better success with Meg's Body Solvent when I let it dwell for 30 minutes or more. Usually I'll wash the area first, with soap, rinse, then apply the Body Solvent before I go to work on the wheels. That usually takes at least 30 minutes, if not an hour. Then I return to the bug infected area and use a soapy bug sponge with the Body Solvent having done it's work for 30 minutes (+). Finally, I'll rewash with soap again to remove all of the Body Solvent.

I'll have to agree, it's not their best product.

Comment

Whats with all the Body Solvent bashing.

You have to use the product correctly in order for it to work.

Much better than many OTC products as well.

Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
        I like it.

Comment

I don't know if saying it didn't work is bashing it...

I sprayed the sap down twice, liberally, with it and let it sit several minutes each time and it didn't do anything. Maybe it's just tree sap? If it is anything like my missing Gold Class Bug and Tar Remover, then I'm sure it works superbly on bugs and tar.

Comment

You have to use the product correctly in order for it to work.

Much better than many OTC products as well.

not bashing at all bro, the reason i got a gallon of this stuff was bc of you after reading your reviews and reading all of your car details i had to go out and buy it. i said if tuck uses it i gotta get some!

i am going to try using it today on a dry car, last time i tried on a wet car and maybe thats why the product didn't work as well...

ill update my results tom.
            www.JEEPGARAGE.org

Comment

I use it either during or after the wash.

I let it dwell while I wash the wheels, tires, and wells.

Its not something you can really wipe off, you have to rinse it off with water and usually follow with a soapy water agitation.
              Originally posted by Bill Davidson View Post
              Yes for sure, it certainly helps, but then you have to let it dry again. Body solvent is oily, oil floats on top of water. What you are wanting to do is saturate the contaminate right through to the paint level. If you have to soak through a 1/4 inch of bug guts vs. a trace, more solvent and more dwell time will be needed. I guess the method you use is going to depend on how much time you have.

Lets say you come in off the highway you might want to pull into a car wash and spray the front of the vehicle to get rid of most of the bugs. By the time you get home the vehicle will be dry enough for Body Solvent.

The same thing can be said for tar. You might want to spray, let dwell, wipe most of it off, then spray once again and remove the remainder. Usually tar smears a little with the first wipe.
              Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Ordered my first gallon from ADS on Tuesday (with a whole lot of other goodies )

I'm assuming an area treated with BS doesn't need a re-application of sealant?

Usually I pull out the clay bar for bugs / tar / sap. This looks to be a better solution for regular use.

Comment

Originally posted by hacker-pschorr View Post

I'm assuming an area treated with BS doesn't need a re-application of sealant?
                  It does.
                  Nick
                  Tucker's Detailing Services
                  815-954-0773
                  2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Yes I guess that makes sense.

So for the people that use BS (almost) every time to pre-treat certain areas, you are re-"waxing" those spots too?

Comment

Originally posted by hacker-pschorr View Post
                      Yes I guess that makes sense.

So for the people that use BS (almost) every time to pre-treat certain areas, you are re-"waxing" those spots too?

If you want to protect the area, yes. We don't have that many bugs stuck to the fronts of our cars out here in California, so the rare time that I will use body solvent on overly dirty cars, I re-wax the area. It could become a pain in the butt if you use it on a regular basis, but any bug remover will remove wax.

For a regular wash, try soaking the bugs with a soapy wet towel before washing, that way you won't have to re-wax, but if you are plan on claying and waxing anyways, what's the harm in using Body Solvent?

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                      Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

The bugs around here have been a nightmare this year. Few months ago, run up north to buy some parts it sounded like pouring rain with the bugs hitting the car.

Once within a few miles from home I hit the first auto car wash (it was midnight, didn't feel like washing the car).

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');