• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with tree sap removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with tree sap removal

Ok so I searched for the answer to my question and I read many answers in the old posts but nothing confirmed what I should try. Some of the answers to remove tree sap (this isn't fresh, its from camping about a week ago which i found out the hard way is tougher to remove ) were bug n tar remover, some goo gone, alcohol? Is alcohol even safe on the paint? I'd be afraid to even try a test spot. I did try clay bar with lots of quik detailer and it has sat on there too long so its not coming off. Do you have any recommendations from personal experiences? Thanks in advance everyone.

Re: Help with tree sap removal

Yes, isopropylalcohol is safe, though you could start with a 50/50 mix. A glass cleaner is also a possibility.

Of course they would not be safe to use all the time.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Add mineral spirits to the possible solvents. Remember to let the solvent work for you. It takes a while.

Tom

Comment

Thanks for the advice. The alcohol took it right off. I couldn't believe the clay wasn't taking it off so I didn't know what would. That's what this great site is for! Of course another success story here on MOL! You guys are awesome

Comment

Keep in mind that the alcohol also stripped your wax off, so you'll want to re-wax to maintain your vehicle's protection.
          Shane
          1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
            Keep in mind that the alcohol also stripped your wax off, so you'll want to re-wax to maintain your vehicle's protection.
            Thanks for the note, will do!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');