• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday Open Garage in Dillsburg, PA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Open Garage in Dillsburg, PA.

Hey guys and gals,

It's been awhile since I had some time or the opportunity to detail the Impala. Luckily, my friend Shyneman, Frank Schaffer, was free this weekend and invited me out to clean her up. I also learned quite a few things.

Here are some befores:

As you can see she is really dirty.

Damaged by some unknown person! Thanks buddy!

We started off washing of course using Shampoo Plus.

Here is a 50/50 of the hood before we did anything at all to the car.

Here is Frank below who actually does know how to wetsand.

While Frank was hard at work wet sanding and rotary buffing. I was going around the car with M105 in some areas and M205 in all. Topped it all off with M21.

And some more outside.

Even the duck approved of our work.

More photos to come. Gotta get on the road. Big Thanks to Frank for product lessons, rotary buffing lessons and just having me out for the day to talk shop on the weekend.

Andy
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Re: Saturday Open Garage in Dillsburg, PA.

That is a great looking Impala. The paint looks fantastic. Way to go Andy, and Frank. Great results.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

It was great having Andy over and working on his Impala SS Black of course.
      He should get a lot better fuel mileage on the way back to Phila. now that the SS has less wind drag.

Andy took to the Rotary like an old pro.

Thanks Buddy and make sure you wipe it down when you get home.

Comment

Awesome work Andy,

How did the problem area turn out?
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Cool! The Impala looks great!
          Shane
          1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
            Awesome work Andy,

How did the problem area turn out?
            Where it was hit on the front bumper turned out great. Frank is not only a great guy and detailer, but also a great touch up guy. The area on the hood that he is wetsanding in the pic was actually there when I purchased the car. He built the levels of paint up, wet sanded and then used a rotary to buff it out. It really came out great and is hardly noticable unless your like us and find every little flaw. LOL

I have to see if we got a pic of the front where it was hit. I sure hope we did. How did Frank put it, " it's a five footer". Anyway, other than using the rotary for the first time, yes I said first time, Frank also showed me how to use a paint gauge, and even gave me one for my own use, we used a thermometer to gauge how hot the paint was. It was truly a learning experience. He had an old Honda hood that he showed me how to wet sand and use a rotary on. It was a great day and a lot of fun.

As you can see here the paint was really hot by the time I got out there.

Here is one of the problem area not that close up though. Yes thats me on the phone in the background.

Andy
            Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
            Andy M. Moderator

Comment

It wouldn't be right without some reflection shots.

No this isn't my sunroof!!!!

A few more.

There is a lot of orange peel on this car but it's my daily driver not a show car. Not planning on doing a full wet sand and buff just yet. But you can certainly see the deepness of color in the paint and the great relections we achieved.

Thanks again Frank. I always like to meet members of our forum and learn a little more every day. Your hospitality is greatly appreciated!

But wait can't forget about the duck....He thought he found a playmate but he was just talking to himself!

Andy
              Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Great Pictures!!
                Nice Job!!
                Thanks Frank!!
                Looks Great!!
                How could you let your black car get so nasty??
                Keep UP the the Great Work!!
                Joel
                Firefighter/EMT-B
                Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                '99 F-150

Comment

Can't tell there was ever a problem area in this pic. BTW, where's your hair? Did you have Shyneman buff your head to a high gloss shine before you left?

Shane
                  1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                    Can't tell there was ever a problem area in this pic. BTW, where's your hair? Did you have Shyneman buff your head to a high gloss shine before you left?

HAHA! I lost it all editing your posts!! LOL JKJK

I knew somebody would have something to say!

Andy
                    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
                      Great Pictures!!
                      Nice Job!!
                      Thanks Frank!!
                      Looks Great!!
                      How could you let your black car get so nasty??
                      Keep UP the the Great Work!!
                      Thanks It was a good time.

Comment

Are ya kidding me?? A Saturday Open Garage in York County and no one invited Me!?!?!?

I'm just kidding! Lol.. The Impala looks beautiful, looks like you guy's had alot of fun with her.
                        For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Originally posted by Underdawg736 View Post
                          Are ya kidding me?? A Saturday Open Garage in York County and no one invited Me!?!?!?

I'm just kidding! Lol.. The Impala looks beautiful, looks like you guy's had alot of fun with her.
                          If I had thought about it I would have picked you up on the way!!!

Sorry!!! Really I would have as long as it was ok with Frank.

Andy
                          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Hey Franky, you're wearing the same shirt here as you were in your profile picture!!! Is that your official detailing T-shirt?

Comment

Hehehe, Andy I was messing around, saw the thread title and I was like....Huh??? open garage in Pa...wait a minute...that's pretty close to me!!

Anway's like I said, your Impala is looking real nice. You should've drove it thru Lancaster City and watch the heads turn! don't see too many around here looking as nice as yours!
                              For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');