• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic X

I plant to use some Plastic X to remove minor scratches from my CD player head unit and from the plastic fake chrome located in the front of my truck. Can anyone share some experiences on how to use this product?

Hi manueljlg,

It's pretty easy,

First start with clean plastic, wipe the area down with a microfiber polishing cloth and a quick detailer, or Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Detailer

Then shake the PlastX up and pour some out onto a clean, soft foam applicator pad. Only use a small amount for small areas. Apply the product using circular motions, or back and forth motions, whichever works best for the shape of the surface. Work the product in like you would a ScratchX product, similar to these directions,

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

After a few minutes of working the product in, remove with a clean, dry microfiber polishing cloth. After this, an optional step, but one I would recommend would be to apply a thin coating of the Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Polish

As a final polish and to leave behind a completely optically clear surface with an anti-static finish.

Hope this helps...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Here's my attempt with PlastX a while back...

I just wiped on, worked in, and buffed off. No real prep work.

Comment

Plastic X is a true miracle product. I am always amazed at how much grime it removes. Also after I saw Mike wet sand a motorcycle screen to the point on nontranslucency, then clear it right up with a few passes, I was truely impressed.

Comment

would this work to remove cobwebbing/swirling from the black plastic A-pillar covers on my MINI Cooper S?

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD
            would this work to remove cobwebbing/swirling from the black plastic A-pillar covers on my MINI Cooper S?
            Hi MickyD,

A lot of cars have what looks like plastic covers on pillars between windows now days. I think the surface on these covers is pretty soft and easily scratched and thus the cobwebbing effect.

You could try it in an small area, then follow with wax like NXT Tech Wax and inspect the results. If it looks good, then apply to the entire pillar cover. If not, then stop there and we'll get another plan of attack.

I have machine polished these covers using #80 and the G100 and then applied NXT Tech Wax and the results have matched the paint, i.e. looked great.

By hand, use a clean, foam applicator pad and a gentle touch.

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I used Plastic X for the first time this weekend and I must say I am impressed. If someone does not have Mirror Glaze Plastic Polish to apply after using Plastic X. What would be a good substitute? I know Mike said this step was optional but does everyone recommend using some type of protection or sealer?

Thanks
              RockyTop

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');