• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APC+ on paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC+ on paint?

Properly diluted, is APC+ safe on paint if washed off within a short period of time? Thanks guys!
    www.idetailautopros.com
    iDetail Professional Automotive Detailing

Re: APC+ on paint?

To try for something like a bug and tar remover, or on a spot of something, yes, it would be safe.

It will remove the wax, and you wouldnt want to wash the car with it.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

exactly what i was looking for, thanks!
      www.idetailautopros.com
      iDetail Professional Automotive Detailing

Comment

How do you use it to clean exterior plastics and such? Just spray it on, scrub, then rinse it off, or what?
        Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
          How do you use it to clean exterior plastics and such? Just spray it on, scrub, then rinse it off, or what?
          I see people spray it on, then go to work with that stubby-thick painter's type brush to get in the crevices and create suds. They never seem to have issues using it.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          I've had bad experiences with 10:1 APC on paint, though, so I'll continue to avoid using it.

Any time I use it, wherever it drips, it eats through the wax and leaves semi-permanent drip marks that were only removed with the DA and some M205...not worth my time to use the APC =/.

Or think about how it would look if you sprayed APC on your dashboard, let it run down and dwell for a minute or less, then wiped away the excess. There would now be these extremely stubborn drip marks, where the APC ate thru the coating and dirt. Same idea . Oh, I have APC and APC+, too.

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
            I use it for wheel wells and tires like that.

Comment

I use it on door jambs and engine bays and an occasional removal of tar on the paint.....No harm yet.
              Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

A few detailers on the Mazda forum have been using diluted APC+ on the front bumper, grill, and side skirts before a full detail. It works like a bug remover, it is cheap, and the strength can be controlled to suit different conditions.

However, using APC+ on the paint would noticeably dull the surface. This is why using APC+ as a bug remover is usually done before a full machine polish. A typical bug remover contains an ingredient that prevents paint surface from getting dulled. The APC+ does not.

Comment

Yeah, wouldnt make a big habit of it.

Comment

I use APC/APC+ on painted surfaces sometimes, and they key is to not let it sit, otherwise it will streak. spray, agitate (with whatever wash media), and then rinse immediately.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');