• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stone chip repair that lasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone chip repair that lasts

Here is a great tool that does a great job of getting deep down into those chips to clean and prep prior to touch up and the price is right at $6.75 us.

Re: Stone chip repair that lasts

Where can those be found SHYNEMAN?

Great looking tool, BTW.
    r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by rusty bumper View Post
      Where can those be found SHYNEMAN?

Great looking tool, BTW.
      Auto Body Paint supplier's

and here is the # for the mfg

1800-334-2843

Comment

This thread is one of those little "gems" that are much appreciated. Vetted by a pro. not a TV ad. Thanks.
        Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
        by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

Hello All. Those prep pens can also be found at Harbor freight... where I got mine.

Comment

Good find, Frank!

3M also has a similar product for chips. The end of the pen scrubs away dirt and loose rust, and then the pen itself applies a thin coat of metal primer onto the cleaned rusted or metal surface. The primer will turn black, at which point the prepared spot would be ready for touch up paint.

Comment

That is a nice,handy little pen to have. I havn't had to do a stone chip repair for a long time. I think I would only be able to find the 3M ones,if I'm lucky.

Invisible.....You said the 3M pen,when appling primer turns black....Is this an anti-rusting agent? It does sound like it.

Oh Frank.....The reason that is a well thought out product,that works well......If you notice on the bottom of the packet,it says 'made in USA'

Comment

Yeah, it is an anti rusting agent, as well as a primer. It is essentially a rust primer. It can be used on either rusted surface or clean bare metal.

Comment

I'll keep this in mind for sure. My wife's car has a bad rock chip that needs attention.

Thanks!

Comment

I have that exact pen, but it is a 3M branded product... It does work very well- as you sand, the fibers grind down and you spin more out to keep sanding.
                    2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
                    2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');