• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#16 for my GEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #16 for my GEO

I live in a small town with horrible streets, lots of dust and mud. I use a 95 Geo Tracker as a beater, it gets washed once or twice a month and sits outside 24/7. I have taken good care of the paint in the past couple of years, and it has served me to test every detailing product I have before using it on my RAM
    In a couple of weeks I´m going to get a new beater, so I decided to give it a "goodbye" detail and try my newly acquired #81.
    The procedure was:
    Wash (it was clayed a couple of months ago)
    #83 by PC w/ 8006 pad 5.5 speed
    #81 by hand
    #16 by hand
    Product was removed with MF towels (Ultimate Wipe).

AFTER #83 (Only the hood had been treated with DACP for this photo)

AFTER #81

AFTER #16

I have used as LSP Meguiars Cleaner Wax, NXT Tech Wax, MPPP, Gold Glass Wax, DC Step 3, and so far #16 is my favorite.
    Last edited by manueljlg; Nov 13, 2004, 09:07 PM.

Very nice I love red.You should give #26 a try then top with #16.The #26 does great things to red warms it up.Looks awesome as it is.
    2001 ws6 Trans am
    (Blackbird edition #19)
    433rwhp
    409rwt

Comment

Thank You J Solo. #26 is on my wish list.

Comment

Wow! The paint just looks slick! How about treating it with NXT? Which do you like better?
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Bri
          Wow! The paint just looks slick! How about treating it with NXT? Which do you like better?
          I always use NXT Tech Wax on my RAM (NXT is extremely expensive here in Mexico!) and then top it off with #16. I have never used it on my GEO.
          My next beater will be dark blue, after polishing it, I will seal it with NXT and top it with #16 (I´ll post pics).
          I used NXT on my brother in law Red Ford Fiesta, but I preferred the way #16 looked.

Comment

I love the way #16 beads!

Comment

This is my truck with NXT x 2 + #16.

Comment

it looks realy smooth... make a couple of pictures when there`s a little more sunshine then i would like to see the red one again... guess it pops out..

Comment

WOW manuel: They both look fantastic. Sounds like you have a lot of work with the dirt roads constantly stirring up dust. I have a friend here in Kansas that has a large wheat farm and driving to the house pretty much destroys a clean car.
                  Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

Originally posted by Vandelete
                    it looks realy smooth... make a couple of pictures when there`s a little more sunshine then i would like to see the red one again... guess it pops out..

BTW, the "model" only charged me a hug, a kiss and some cookies

Comment

Looking good.

Eric
                      Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');