• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottle failure - Gold Class Liquid Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottle failure - Gold Class Liquid Wax

Hi all,

My 18 month old bottle of Gold Class Liquid Wax split down the side the other day. Instead of squeezing it the usual way, i squeezed it down the side, along the seam, out of carelessness. But I didn't expect it to split open the way it did.

I suppose I could have been more careful - I learnt my lesson!

Still had a half a bottle left, even though I've been using it a fair while. I had nowhere to decant it, so I ended up losing the lot.

I noticed that Jose Zuniga had a similar issue with the Gold Class bottle he uses in his youtube video here (he is squeezing GC out of the side of the bottle):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOJqntJjn9I

I laughed my head off viewing this video, but seems poor Jose was dealing with a widespread problem. Maybe there's a bit of Jose in us all .

Re: Bottle failure - Gold Class Liquid Wax

Originally posted by Slicked View Post
    Maybe there's a bit of Jose in us all .
    I sure hope not!
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

That video is wrong in so many ways!! Any video from them is not really educational...more like pure comedy!!
      I'm a newb but I now dang good and well NOT to use a dirty old rag AND do it in direct sunlight!!
      For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Originally posted by Underdawg736 View Post
        That video is wrong in so many ways!! Any video from them is not really educational...more like pure comedy!!
        I'm a newb but I now dang good and well NOT to use a dirty old rag AND do it in direct sunlight!!
        I've watched this video almost 10 times - I just can't stop laughing. Especially where he starts talking about the beautiful day, etc....so many highlights!

Comment

My old bottle of Cleaner wax just split in the side the other day.

Comment

I've noticed my GC bottles are kind of thin on some areas (like from where Mr. Jose's wax was squeezed out). Was your bottle exposed to a lot of heat or flexing?
            Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
            baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
              I sure hope not!
              I accidentally let some jose out today. I applied some nxt just a little too heavily on my brother's truck.

I did apply it in the garage... Even though it was a beautiful, sunny day.
              Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
              baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Originally posted by sanddrag View Post
                My old bottle of Cleaner wax just split in the side the other day.

My Endurance just did the same thing.
                SYDSTER

Comment

Hmmm, its not fun when bottles crack, especially when you've regularly used it for a fair amount of time and have a strange "connection" with it. Sad to hear other bottles have similar issues.

Dope92cc, my bottle was stored in a cool area for the whole 18 months I had it, but I was a little silly when I squeezed it on the side instead of the usual way. I guess thats why I'm not complaining so much, as it was a result of me not using it the right way.

I guess Jose did the same thing .

Comment

Expert village? On what planet?

Awfull Video.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');