• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

She has them back again!

Comment

I remember starting this thread just over 3 years ago. What a great deal for M16 that this ended up being. I don't know about the rest of you, but I picked up enough tins to last my personal needs for the rest of my life and maybe even leave some for my kids. This has to be one of the most durable waxes ever made. I mean this post as a congratulations to everyone that had a chance to get in on this buy. I doubt we'll ever get a chance like this again.

Happy Polishing!!
      Brad Mower
      SLC, UT

Comment

Wow... it's been that long? I'm still on my 1st of about 10 cans and I don't know that I can see that I've put a dent in it yet. Though, I'll probably break it out again before winter. Thanks Brad... hope to see you around town sometime.

Comment

M16 used to be the longest lasted wax in Meguiars line of products. How does it compare to the newer products, like UW?

Also, what is the shelf life of M16? I have had Meguairs waxes which went spoiled (separate) over the years.

Comment

I think I still have about 4 cans and would love to pick up more I even have kept on in the fridge for a while with no harm lol

Comment

Originally posted by mis3 View Post
              M16 used to be the longest lasted wax in Meguiars line of products. How does it compare to the newer products, like UW?

Also, what is the shelf life of M16? I have had Meguairs waxes which went spoiled (separate) over the years.
              I'm no expert and have not done side by side comparasions. I've used and really like UW. If I recall correctly, UW is synthetic. So it's not really a good comparision. That is, two different animals. I think they also have different affects on how the paint looks after it's been applied.

I go with with I think is the best fo both... I layer the M16 over a synthetic product such as UW.

From what I've read on this form, wax that has seperated can be combined again using a slow heating process, such as placing the can in hot/warm water and then allowing it it cool.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Synthetic and carnauba waxes make no difference for a light color car. I have a silver car so there would be no depth or deepness as compared to darker cars.

I am curious which one is more durable; M16 or UW?
                I will never find out because I myself wax once every 3-4 weeks.

Comment

Here's a thread that is suggestive of how good M16 is:

I was able to lay down a thin coat of 16 and it was very easy to remove . This wax will make your car look great.
                  Brad Mower
                  SLC, UT

Comment

As a show of appreciation for the opportunity I had to help many of us get a great deal, I contacted Karen Edwards, the gal who sold us the M16 on Ebay. She remembered the M16 frenzy quite well and was happy to hear from me. Sadly, her husband of over 40 years recently passed away, and as most of us would, she's struggling with the loss. As most of you know, in contrast to what M16 is worth, she gave us all a great deal. Add her to your prayers...she is an awesome lady.
                    Brad Mower
                    SLC, UT

Comment

M16 has been discontinued since 2005. I am surprised that the wax is still good after so many years. I have other waxes like NXT, GC Wax that separate after 3-4 years.

I use M16 in winter months when I cannot wax much.

M16 used to be Meguiars longest lasting wax. Not sure if this statement is still true with the introduction of UW.

Comment

Discontinued in 2005? I guess I have three and a half, 7 year old cans left. All look new inside. While I haven't tried UW, M16 lasts so long, I only use it twice a year, and it still beads like crazy when detailing time comes around. Even after close to six months, I barely have to dry the car, as most of the water just runs off with a gentle hosing. It is such a shame it is not made anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
                          Discontinued in 2005? I guess I have three and a half, 7 year old cans left. All look new inside. While I haven't tried UW, M16 lasts so long, I only use it twice a year, and it still beads like crazy when detailing time comes around. Even after close to six months, I barely have to dry the car, as most of the water just runs off with a gentle hosing. It is such a shame it is not made anymore.
                          I completely agree. I absolutely love the stuff, and with how little you have to use, a tin can really last a long time. I've got a few left and was just able to purchase another from someone on these boards. I'm hoping the stuff never goes bad as I've probably got enough to wax my personal cars with it for at least a few decades provided it lasts that long.
                          Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

This is an old thread...I don't mean to renew it. However, I've just opened my last tin of M16. Does anyone have a tin or two they would sell?
                            Brad Mower
                            SLC, UT

Comment

Originally posted by Brad777 View Post
                              This is an old thread...I don't mean to renew it. However, I've just opened my last tin of M16. Does anyone have a tin or two they would sell?
                              I sure don't, Brad.

#16 was good stuff.
                              r. b.

Comment

To be a smart a**...You can only take my M-16 from my cold dead hands. I've got just enough to (maybe) do her car one more time next summer.

I sure kick myself for not grabbing ALL the tins off the shelf when I was hawking auto parts.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');