• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

Originally posted by TimG View Post
    checked from the sellers page and someone bought 43 cans LMAO
    That would put Mike Phillips up to an even 100 tins I believe...
    NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
      How do you use the PayPal option? I can't figure it out.
      Do you have a PayPal account?
      r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by rusty bumper View Post
        Do you have a PayPal account?
        No. I went to the PayPal website, but it looked to me like you had to pay fees if you joined PayPal, although I could be wrong. I don't want to pay fees for a one-time thing or once-in-a-while thing, you know?
        Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

As long as you are making purchases, there are no fees. If you are selling, then there are some fees.

If you don't want to deal with PayPal, I can sell you a tin.
          Chris
          Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Originally posted by PorscheGuy997 View Post
            As long as you are making purchases, there are no fees. If you are selling, then there are some fees.

If you don't want to deal with PayPal, I can sell you a tin.
            OK. Send me a PM with your pricing. I just don't like putting any more of my info over the internet than I have to, and I'm not all familiar with PayPal, so I was like, just screw it. I see she only has 1 tin left. Bet that'll be gone soon.
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Looks like they have all been accounted for at this point. Those 380 tins went really quick.
              NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Yes, that's right. The seller could have EASILY sold those for over $10 a tin without offering the "Offer" option. Again, the seller may simply be an agent. And keep in mind that 380 tin is not a lot. My guess would be around 10 boxes of the products.

Sometimes, when a warehouse or store receives items unloaded off a truck, they could not take all the contents in the truck as their storage space is overloaded with inventories. When that happens, the warehouse or store sends the courier away with some unloaded goods. Sometimes, these unloaded goods never get returned back to the sender and are given away for free to the courier company. The cost of sending a crate of products back to the sender across the country may cost more than the crate of products themselves. I have a friend who works at the loading dock of a trucking company, and he always brings home freebies left over from clients that simply cannot take any more inventories.

Also, another more frequent scenario is that the sender loads a truck with MORE contents than the customer ordered. The seller is always responsible for insurance against products being damaged during the shipping process, so they would always send more quantities than the customer specified. When the the customer receives the quantity of goods it has ordered, and signs off the shipping document, the courier would take the excess amount of goods away and safeguard them until the shipper sends someone to take them back. The courier usually stores these items for less than a month due to high storage cost. 70% of the time, the shipper would NEVER send anybody to take these goods back from the courier unless the quantity is large enough to justify the effort. When the shipper decides not to take these goods back, the courier would liquidate the goods to cover storage expenses.

Those of you who are studying accounting, you would already know that these transferred goods held on to by shipping companies are considered liquidable assets, and thus valued at the lower of cost or market. Since there is no official market price in the US for the M16, these products are essentially worthless to the party holding on to it. That explains why a liquidator would sell the M16 ridiculously cheap.

Comment

Hey all,

Seller still has 80 tins (at time of posting) available.
                  Same location and all, just a different listing (same price too)

Nagaz

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                    No. I went to the PayPal website, but it looked to me like you had to pay fees if you joined PayPal, although I could be wrong. I don't want to pay fees for a one-time thing or once-in-a-while thing, you know?
                    When I joined, all I had to pay was a 1.99 refundable fee.

PayPal is a great option if you purchase a lot on the web (provided the merchant accepts PP, and many do). It keeps you from having to type in your credit card numbers so much (something I loathe doing).
                    r. b.

Comment

The seller also has NXT 2.0 Paste Wax. I am tempted to buy a tin, but it costs $15, the same price as Walmart...
                      I wonder if the seller would accept my offer of $9 for a tin...

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
                        ColonelCash wrote here http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...&postcount=119 he offered $5 for one tin of NXT2.0 and it was accepted. Go for $4.99

Comment

I just did, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
                            The seller also has NXT 2.0 Paste Wax. I am tempted to buy a tin, but it costs $15, the same price as Walmart...
                            The only listing I see if for a tin of past and spray... listed at $22. I did not see any tin's only of NXT for $15.

Comment

Originally posted by tcope1 View Post
                              The only listing I see if for a tin of past and spray... listed at $22. I did not see any tin's only of NXT for $15.
                              I offered $14 for this offer and $12 for the M3 Machine Glaze (64oz), both were accepted.
                              Brad Mower
                              SLC, UT

Comment

I just bought 2 tins to try. (less than 20 tins left now.)

After reading about M16 for years, I figure at this price it's worth it just to see what all the hype has been about.
                                Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');