• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
    I bet it's auction listings like this that Meguiar's does not particularly like. These auctions devalue certain Meguiar's products that are currently still in production.
    I'm no expert but I'd think it would have little effect. Megs manufactured and sold all of these items at one time for whatever price. It should not matter what a reseller/retailer is selling them at now. Who its hurting is retailers trying to sell these items for a much higher price... but this is not Megs. Good for Megs when they sold this lot, good for us buyers, bad for retailers who cannot move their own Meg stock right now.

Of course, if you were a smart retailer you'd buy up all this person's stock, remove the competition and then sell it for a much higher price. Course, I'm neither smart nor a retailer.

Comment

Originally posted by tcope1 View Post

Of course, if you were a smart retailer you'd buy up all this person's stock, remove the competition and then sell it for a much higher price. Course, I'm neither smart nor a retailer.

Ahh yes. With a couple thousand dollars you could have easily snatched up ALL the M16's initially available.

There are groups of institutions out there buying large amount of gold and release them at some point to control the prices of gold. Of course, cartel at such large scale is considered illegal and is against antitrust laws.

A person in California has done this to Lamborghinis and the guy has now being arrested by the FBI for fraud.

If I have a formal business with unlimited finances, I would love to have such large influences in the market. Unforutnately, even billions of dollars is merely a grain of sand in terms of controlling markets.

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
        If I have a formal business with unlimited finances, I would love to have such large influences in the market. Unforutnately, even billions of dollars is merely a grain of sand in terms of controlling markets.
        So lets pool our money, buy all the M16 off ebay and we will rule the (detailing) world!

Comment

I received my 3 cans of M16 today. Popped the cans open with a twist of a quarter and they look fine .

However, I'm having trouble reinstalling the lid on 2/3 of the cans. Probably 1mm of the gold inside of the lid is visible if you know what I mean. I even turned the cans upside-down and applied equal heavy pressure on the bottom of the cans against the floor to push the lid snugly into place, but no luck.

Have any of you experienced the same fun? I just don't want my stuff to dry out . If there's nothing to worry about, then awesome. Let me know!

Comment

Try a sledge hammer

It's a great tool even for precision works.

Comment

Originally posted by tcope1 View Post
              so lets pool our money, buy all the m16 off ebay and we will rule the (detailing) world!
              lol

Comment

sweet...just got my first can ever of this. Have two more on the way.
                2004 Mazda 6i Onyx Black

Comment

2 tins on the way! I've been wanting to try this for quite some time.
                  2007 Accord EX-L Coupe
                  Nighthawk Black Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by cardriver View Post
                    Have any of you experienced the same fun? I just don't want my stuff to dry out . If there's nothing to worry about, then awesome. Let me know!
                    Yes. I highly doubt it will "dry it out", mine hasn't yet. If there is any known "Mike Phillips method" for closing these tins I would like to know.
                    James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                    Calais Auto Detailing
                    CalaisDetails@aim.com
                    www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

The fact that yours wouldn't close makes me think you guys may have gotten some bad batch of the products? Mine are fine... all of them!

Comment

I usually have to close my tins with two hands pressing the lid down. This goes for M26, M16 and Collinite paste waxes. It's a tight fit by design.
                        NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Eh, it might have something to do with the fact that they sat in my hot, black, metal mailbox for about 3.5 hrs before I came out to get them . Probably warped the metal tin just a tiny bit . Oh wells. The stuff should be fine even if air gets in over the course of many years .

Comment

Just got mine last night!

Comment

Hopefully my stash will arrive today!
                              For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Originally posted by cardriver View Post
                                I received my 3 cans of M16 today. Popped the cans open with a twist of a quarter and they look fine .

However, I'm having trouble reinstalling the lid on 2/3 of the cans. Probably 1mm of the gold inside of the lid is visible if you know what I mean. I even turned the cans upside-down and applied equal heavy pressure on the bottom of the cans against the floor to push the lid snugly into place, but no luck.

I used to have #26 in the old yellow tin years ago and I remember having a hard time closing the lid every once in a while. I think it is just the nature of the beast with those type cans.
                                Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');