• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

In for 1, even though I have a bunch of QW and NXT 2.0 bottles sitting around already. Let's try something new. I park outside, so I hope you guys are right about this wax lasting a long time

Comment

Great price!

I already have two tins but at that price, I am tempted to pick up two more.

Must resist!

Comment

I would love to pick one up but I'm a bit scared ordering from ebay. Anything I should worry about, or am I safe?
        Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

You're fine. I already recieved fourteen of the twenty cans ordered.

In a couple of the tins, the wax is tinted purple in stead of the normal light blue. Strange...
          Chris
          Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
            I would love to pick one up but I'm a bit scared ordering from ebay. Anything I should worry about, or am I safe?
            It's pretty safe ordering online. I get a lot of books and other merchandise off eBay.

This is a GREAT price by the way. Much better than the BOGO that eShine runs in the winter (when its too cold to wax anyhow).
            NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Calais View Post
              You won't have to use it often, as I've read it lasts for a very long time. It is something like the Meguiar's version of Collinite. I've also read that it beads like mad and gives a nice shine (not as nice as NXT or M26 though). From what I understand many people use it as a sealant, often for the winter. I plan to wax my car and both my parents' cars with it for the winter.

What about topping some M16 with Pinnacle Souveran? The bottom layer has the durability but not the shine, while the top layer has the shine but not the longevity.

I have a load of Meguiar's waxes, but I often see myself using the Consumer line NXT 2.0 most often. I just love the smell of NXT 2.0 (I wish Meguiar's or some other company makes a candy based on the scent of NXT 2.0. As a matter of fact, I have tasted Japanese candies that have the exact same flavor as the NXT 2.0). I absolutely love the look of M26. I use it on my white Infiniti M45 straight after claying and I simply LOVE it.

I think you can top M16 with something like the M26. The M26 requires no effort to apply or remove, so it should not compromise the integrity of the previous layer of wax, and thus it is the probably the best Meguiar's wax to use as the top layer. The M16 can probably be topped with Souveran just fine. As a matter of fact, it IS the ultimate Pinnacle LSP to top over the Pinnacle sealant. Whether to use Pinnacle Souveran or M26 is a matter of preference. In my humble opinion. Autogeek recommends topping the Pinnacle Souveran using the softest red Lake Country Pad.

I have never really used the M16. I bought my first tin about ten years ago, but I threw it away along with my unused Zaino collections during my moving trip. I am pretty stoked about using M16 for the first time soon.

Comment

In the eBay link posted above, the seller has sold over 60 tins of M16 in less than 48 hours!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
                  In the eBay link posted above, the seller has sold over 60 tins of M16 in less than 48 hours!!!
                  And I am a contributor to that statistic! Got me 3 cans so far...

I went through that 25-page British thread on the other forum and was impressed by the water protection. I wasn't impressed by the looks of the wax (at least in the pictures provided in that forum), but this wax should fit nicely into my lineup.

One of my clients is a janitor and has two white work-vans that sit outside at the airport quite often, and he doesn't want me to polish them, and nor does he care about appearance-- He simply wants me to wash, clay, and wax them, mainly to protect the paint from the harsh environment as his vans sit around through the winter months.
                  I think M16 fits the bill perfectly here, and I can't wait to try it out .

Thanks for the heads-up, OP .

Comment

Cardriver, please show me that links! I've been searching on google for some pictures of the M16, but have no little luck. The cloest one I came across routed me back to a thread on MOL where Mike Phillips was raving about the M26.

From Mike Phillips response on the comparison of M16 and M26, I have a feeling that I will probably be disappointed at the M16's appearance.
                    Maybe I will top a layer of M26 over two M16.

Comment

Here's the link for the discussion on M16: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=125687

I haven't used it yet, but from what I've heard (and considering that I'm happy w/ NXT), I won't be using m16 for appearance as I will for protection.

I'll be using it on such customers as the janitor I know, who only wants his work vans protected (waxed/sealed), not necessarily looking amazing.
                      (He pays me the good $$ for complete details on his other cars at home, where I do polish, & use NXT)

Don't get me wrong; I'm sure it'll look just fine w/ m16...but you know what I'm saying, right?

Comment

Originally posted by cardriver View Post
                        Don't get me wrong; I'm sure it'll look just fine w/ m16...but you know what I'm saying, right?
                        Actually, no, I don't...

Just kidding

Found some pictures in the thread

Comment

Just bought some. Hope its a legit deal. To the OP and invisible, thanks for the headsup and the linky.
                          Last edited by TimG; Aug 28, 2009, 01:45 AM. Reason: typo
                          Learning new things everyday

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
                            Actually, no, I don't...

Just kidding

Found some pictures in the thread

OH...My.... that..is.. really nice ... must .. buy.. more..

Comment

Anyone put that ebay M16 on the paint? Everything OK with the product?
                              There were some compliants about strange purple tint, so I just wondering weather low price is not caused by poor quality...

Comment

Originally posted by PorscheGuy997 View Post
                                You're fine. I already recieved fourteen of the twenty cans ordered.

In a couple of the tins, the wax is tinted purple in stead of the normal light blue. Strange...
                                Wow Chris, that's life time supply for your great grandchildren!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');