• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Book: How To Start Your Own Car Detailing Business In Your Spare Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Book: How To Start Your Own Car Detailing Business In Your Spare Time!

Looks like this book was just published this summer. Hope I don't sound uninformed for not knowing the author (Randall Magwood), but the list of contents sounds very encompassing. The book is only 52 pages, but concentrates on the business aspect as opposed to technique (check out the list of contents). Since we get plenty of technique here on MOL, I thought this might be a good companion guide for those of us who want to start a part time detailing business.
    Product Description
    Here's a little of what you'll learn inside of "How To Start Your Own Car Detailing Business In Your Spare Time!": - 13 questions to ask yourself before starting your own business. - 8 reasons to go into business for yourself (often needed for friends, family, and significant others). - How to be sure there is a market for your business before you invest the big bucks. - 12 questions to ask yourself about your target market. - 6 resources to start spying on your competition today. - 4 ways you're going to have to deal with the government when running your business. - How many first time business owners fail to advertise properly - and how to do it right the first time. - 5 steps to proving you're trustworthy for a loan. - How to find a supplier of quality products for your detailing business. - 14 products to instantly add to your supplies list. - 97 tried and tested products to choose from - And more
    Has anyone read this book? I may take one for the MOL team and order it myself.

Re: New Book: How To Start Your Own Car Detailing Business In Your Spare Time!

I just Goggled Mr Marwood

Things that make you go Hum .

Comment

Did the same thing and I see what you mean. Sounds like he's a jack-of-all-trades and maybe a master of none. You saved me $17

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
        Did the same thing and I see what you mean. Sounds like he's a jack-of-all-trades and maybe a master of none. You saved me $17
        My pleasure.

Your very best Advertisement and the best way to build your business is word of mouth.

Comment

He is definitely not a master of none, as he seems to know how a thing or two about writing books

Comment

Glad to find out about him before we took the plunge.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
              He is definitely not a master of none, as he seems to know how a thing or two about writing books
              I do understand this is an older post but for any first time reader-

A successful business is all about Marketing - being good at what you do is only 25% of the equation; the balance is marketing your brand or your product

A prime example is Richard Branson
              ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

What is the title of the book. very interested in getting one...

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');