• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 car cleaning myths from Barry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 car cleaning myths from Barry

Autoblog brings you car news; expert reviews of cars, trucks, crossovers and SUVs; and pictures and video. Research and compare vehicles, find local dealers, calculate loan payments, find your car's book value and get a service estimate at Autoblog.com.

Re: 12 car cleaning myths from Barry

I didn't know people used Diapers on their cars? I hope they weren't used!

I remember seeing that years ago at exhibitions years ago. Trying to sell wax,they poured alcohol on the hood and set it alight after waxing it with their product.....So silly. Everyone knows that one. Do they still do that even today?

Comment

Haha very funny about the diaper comment. I didn't even know anything about car care until i found this great site. Never knew about the alcohol on the hood, very interesting.

Comment

This is perfect. I can print this out and hand it to my potential customers that think I charge to much. Go ahead and wash your 30K $$$ investment or more with a bottle of Dawn Extra Strength. Just let me detail your new or newly repainted car when you get it the next year.
        2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
        2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

They're not the things full of feces in the wal mart parking lot... *pukes*

They are soft cotton cloths that hospitals and nursing homes use, as apposed to buying tons of depends.
          Once they're not fit to use anymore (as diapers) they get rid of the old cloths.
          They do wash them in HOT HOT water, but still gross IMO.
          Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
          baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Dope, you guy's have loaded baked diapers in Texas WalMarts too!
            They don't use the cloth diapers at hospitals and nursing homes, at least not around here.
            For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

I heard it on dirty jobs. Mike was doing huge washer/dryer maintenance. I think it was at a hospital.
              And yes we do. Disgusting. Probably the same people that don't take the five seconds to put up their cart. I tell ya what, I can't wait until the phsycho-semantic police form and take action.

... Any way. Back to the myths.

Comment

Originally posted by dope92cc View Post
                I heard it on dirty jobs. Mike was doing huge washer/dryer maintenance. I think it was at a hospital.
                And yes we do. Disgusting. Probably the same people that don't take the five seconds to put up their cart. I tell ya what, I can't wait until the phsycho-semantic police form and take action.

... Any way. Back to the myths.
                Speaking of, the dirty jobs 'olive farming and diaper' episode is on right now.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');