• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Compartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Compartment

I was wondering what you can use to do enging compartment detailing i see people say they use water base dressing what do you mean by that could someone give me the names of the products. this may be a stupid question but hey im learning THANKS GUYS

Re: Engine Compartment

hyper dressing

Comment

I clean with All Purpose Cleaner or Super Degreaser and dress with Hyper-Dressing 2:1. Meguiars does make a product called Water Based Dressing , Hyperdressing though is still considered a water based dressing.

Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

If the engine bay isn't particularly coated in gunk or debris sometimes it is easiest to start with something like All-Purpose Cleaner + and simply spray and wipe everything down. Then follow with a liberal application of diluted Meguiar's Hyper Dressing (at the ratio you prefer) over the engine bay and walk away.

Hyper Dressing is my personal favorite because you can fine mist an area, and without touching it watch it spread and soak in on its own. If you don't mind spreading the product a little bit, M40 is also a solid option.

Comment

thanks guys now can you get the hyper dressing at autozone, murrays wal mart meijer or anything

Comment

There are a whole slew of great products for cleaning the engine. Here are a few.
            Also, giving everything a good soak and using a brush should get all the grime out.

"Every moment frontin and maxin
            Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
            "

Comment

I've never seen the Hyper Dressing in stores, you'll probably have to order it online.

Excellent site, very good prices and shipping is based on how much you spend. Once you get to a certain point, it doesn't get higher, so buy all you want with one order to save big.
              -Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by ziggo99 View Post
                I've never seen the Hyper Dressing in stores, you'll probably have to order it online.

Excellent site, very good prices and shipping is based on how much you spend. Once you get to a certain point, it doesn't get higher, so buy all you want with one order to save big.
                I agree. However, if this is the only product you really need/you are dead set on a local vendor just go with the M40 option. You should have no trouble finding it at Strauss/Autozone.
                James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                Calais Auto Detailing
                CalaisDetails@aim.com
                www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

For an OTC product, do consider CD-2 Engine Detailer as your dressing. It's easy to use and leaves a great durable shine. It is not water-based, though, which is why it enjoys better endurability than HyperDressing.

I haven't had to work on filthy engines; hence I have found Megs' APC+ sufficient for my needs. I do not know what an equivalent OTC product would be. Some folks recommend staying away from Simple Green and Purple Power. You might consider one of the GUNK engine degreasers.
                  Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                  --Al Kimel

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');