• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

blemishes on an 2003 Acura TL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blemishes on an 2003 Acura TL

Hi

New owner of a black 2003 Acura TL (S type or is it type S?). I am in Dallas TX. I am looking for information on the best product to remove small scratches and blemishes to my black paint job.

Cheers
    Victoria

Re: blemishes on an 2003 Acura TL

You would want to start off mild, then go more agressive only if needed.

1. Wash - Gold Class or Nxt wash, 2 buckets, good quality towels, sponges ,etc.
    2. Clay - Smooth Surface Clay kit
    3. Clean - Do a test spot/panel with SwirlX, worked in with good even pressure. Check your results. If good, then move on. If not, then you may need something stronger like ScratHX 2.0 or Ultimate Compound for real bad stuff.
    4. Wax - 2 thin coats of Nxt 2.0 are good.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

very good advice right there!

Also since you are in dallas you should check out Nick Chapmans thread for a dallas detailing meet

Comment

+ 2MOL

Comment

I have read about and tried Scratch X 2.0. Currently I am sunburnt, my fingers hurt and I think I'm missing a bit of my finger prints. The edges of the chosen blemish (maybe thanks to a bird) do not feel any smoother. I've been pretty vigorous. Should I stand on one leg, with one eye closed under a full moon for it to work?

Comment

If you are using a foam applicator pad, some times you have tio step up to something with a little more bite. Try a terry cloth towel.

Hello and welcome to mol.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

You can actually feel the bird dropping?

Comment

I'm using a traditional terry cloth towel. I do not know the precise origin of the chosen blemish, but it is on the trunk hood and you can feel the rough edges.

Comment

Thank you all for the welcome!!

V

Comment

Usually, being able to actually feel something is a sign that a paint cleanng product may not remove it. Is it an etching into the paint? Not something sitting on top of the paint?

Comment

hmmm, I must admit I do not know much about car paint and such. I may have to read up on the topic or try one of the 'scratches' instead. I have never owned a black car before. The car has little scratches and quite a few little white splotches on the horizontal surfaces.

Comment

Maybe you can get a few pics? Might give a better idea of what can be done.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');