• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

160g clay in smoth surface kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 160g clay in smoth surface kit.

from now on i will buying mothers clay kits cause it has 2 80g bars in it,with same stuff in it except sample cleaner wax that i already have 5 of,for the same price.and with more clay it is thicker also,so i think meguiars should put bigger bars in there smooth surface clay kits.thanks for reading.

Re: 160g clay in smoth surface kit.

Ok.
    Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

I agree. I've been buying the mothers kit lately. 2 bars, QD, and a MF towel for $16 and some change at advance

Comment

I may have to begin picking up the Mother's kit an affordable local clay.
        James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
        Calais Auto Detailing
        CalaisDetails@aim.com
        www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

My local walmart has the smooth surface kit for 15.64 lowest I have seen

Comment

Originally posted by spence82 View Post
            from now on i will buying mothers clay kits cause it has 2 80g bars in it,with same stuff in it except sample cleaner wax that i already have 5 of,for the same price.and with more clay it is thicker also,so i think meguiars should put bigger bars in there smooth surface clay kits.thanks for reading.
            I noticed the amount of clay that you get in the kit but decided on sticking with Meguiar's. It's what I know and like!

Have you tried it yet? How is the clay as far as "sticking" goes? Contaminant cleaning? Is the only upside more clay? What are the overall PROS/CONS of the product?

I like their Back in Black product but only use it because I could never find any Megs Trim Detailer. It's VERY runny but does a good job. The Megs is on my list for an upcoming ADS order since online seems to be the only place to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Calais View Post
              I may have to begin picking up the Mother's kit an affordable local clay.
              Try checking out the MEGS kit on Amazon($16.88 W/ NO tax). That's where I get mine as well as some other Meg's products at GREAT prices. Free shipping on orders of $25+ if you don't mind snail mail. And I mean sloooow.

Comment

I switched to Riccardo clay due to value. :\

Comment

I had the Mother's clay kit once and didn't like it. I used up what I had, but I wouldn't buy it again. I'll stick with the Meg's clay kit. IMO, everything in it is just plain better.
                  Shane
                  1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Seen as I'm hardcore Meguiar's user, the replacement kit is about 18 bucks with 3, 50gm bars at ADS......

I like Meguiar's products.

I like the white bars as it's easy to see what comes off and if I need to knead the bar or toss if it's filled up.....

Find something you like and use it often!
                    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
                      Seen as I'm hardcore Meguiar's user, the replacement kit is about 18 bucks with 3, 50gm bars at ADS......

I did the math. The Smooth Surface Clay Kit available at Walmart for $16 is actually a much better deal than the replacement kit for $18. The full size bottle of Quik Detailer and a Supereme Shine Microfiber Towel makes the kit a much better value than the Meguiar's Clay Refill Kit.

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
                        I did the math. The Smooth Surface Clay Kit available at Walmart for $16 is actually a much better deal than the replacement kit for $18. The full size bottle of Quik Detailer and a Supereme Shine Microfiber Towel makes the kit a much better value than the Meguiar's Clay Refill Kit.

You're right, but the problem I have using kits is that I always finish using the clay before the QD gets used up. So more and more QD + MF keeps stacking up in my garage.

Comment

If you want more clay, get the mild clay from the d-line. C2000. It cost a little more but I think it is worth it for the amount of clay you get. The higher cost is partially offset by using Last Touch as a clay lube.
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by james0509 View Post
                            You're right, but the problem I have using kits is that I always finish using the clay before the QD gets used up. So more and more QD + MF keeps stacking up in my garage.
                            Can never have too many MF towels

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
                            I find the clay kits and replacements on sale all the time here for 15 bucks or less at local stores in No. California and So. Oregon.....bargains to me when the Mothers kit is 18-24 dollars in the same region.....

I stick with the Meguiar's.....It's color makes it easy to find the ick that is being pulled off of the paint!
                            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by james0509 View Post
                              my QD bottle always runs out before i even get to use one clay bar..

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');