• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

leather cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leather cleaner

Is there any difference in using gold class leather cleaner and conditioner and the 2 step gold class cleaner and conditioner??

Is one better than the other or about the same??
    Dodge makes 'em...the Hemi shakes 'em

Re: leather cleaner

Originally posted by seandoleer
    Is there any difference in using gold class leather cleaner and conditioner and the 2 step gold class cleaner and conditioner??

Is one better than the other or about the same??
    There are a number of differences.

Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner
    Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner
    Gold Class Rich Leather Spray

The two step approach enables you to break up the process into two dedicated steps, one for cleaning, the other for conditioning. The Step 1 Cleaner offers more cleaning ability than the Gold Class Rich Leather Spray, I don't know how much, but it is more dedicated for that process. The Step 2 Conditioner provides better conditioning and protection as it's not trying to clean the surface the same time your trying to condition it.

The Gold Class Rich Leather Spray is convenient because you can clean, condition and protect in one step. I then to use this product, sprayed onto one side of a clean, folded microfiber polishing cloth and then wiped over the leather on our Pilot's seats.

A benefit to the two step approach is it allows you to tailor you process to the condition of the surface to be treated.

Examples:

Step 1
    Old, neglected leather seats tend to need a thorough cleaning, more than what a all-in-one type product can provide. After cleaning, the surface will be ready to be conditioned by a dedicated conditioner.

Step 2
    A brand new car doesn't, or at least shouldn't need any cleaning at all, do the Step 2 Conditioner allows you to only use a conditioner on the leather surfaces and avoid the cleaning step.

All three products cater to different needs.

Hope this helps...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

We use GC Rich leather C/C for newer cars and followups. The one step for mostly removing light dirt and dust.

For real nasty leather we break out the 2 stepper with a scrub brush. We use the scrub brush to gently breakup any embedded dirt. Works like a champ.

Comment

Hey,

I agree with Scrub. Of the choices listed, I prefer the 2 step.

My favorite is the Detailer Series Leather Cleaner & Conditioner D-18001. But knowing that you live up here in the Great --soon to be--White North, finding the GC 2 step leather products would easier.

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I just tried out the 2 step method this weekend and had great results. The cleaner pulled off a lot of dirt and the conditioner seemed to improve the feel of my leather seats.

I would highly recommend these products. I cannot comment on it in comparison to the 1 step method because I have not yet tried that product.

Chris
          Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

ABSOLUTELY.

Using my sister in law's car as a reference, I tried the all in one, and it really didn't make a dent. Using the 2-step (OK, so I used the all in one as my second step...why waste product?).

Here is a "half done" view of her seats using the cleaner step of the 2-step:

Don
            12/27/2015
            "Darth Camaro"
            2013 Camaro ... triple black
            323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Nice demonstration Don!
              -The Final Detail-
              Lagrange, Kentucky
              thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
              CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment