• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's **New** 2009 Rotary and DA Backing Plate Review!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meguiar's **New** 2009 Rotary and DA Backing Plate Review!!!!

Great Review Tim

Comment

Nice write-up and great pictures with explanations that anyone can understand.

"Each one teach one"

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the great write-up Tim!

I know you put a lot of time and effort into this.
        r. b.

Comment

Tim,
          Any issues with the rivets and the center washer overheating after applying pressure on the g110? Similar to this. I know the 3m uses the same/similar make up and with 3m owning megs, I wanted to know just how different they BPs were before purchasing.
          Hitachi SP 18VA & PCXP
          Rides: 94 XJ & 04 Explorer XLT

Comment

Originally posted by ninobrn99 View Post
            Tim,
            Any issues with the rivets and the center washer overheating after applying pressure on the g110? Similar to this. I know the 3m uses the same/similar make up and with 3m owning megs, I wanted to know just how different they BPs were before purchasing.
            Morning,

I have never had a backing plate do what is shown in the picture. That picture tells me that the person definitely used speed 6 and a LOT of downward pressure. If the defects were that bad that it required that aggressive of buffing from the DA, that tells me that the person was using the wrong tool for the job and should have stepped up to the rotary polisher.

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it!

I thought this review was important as so many people assume that if you just use the right compounds, polishes and LSP's that they can get that 'show car' finish that see on MOL and elsewhere, when simply that is not the case. It is the "Whole Package" that makes it possible for a person to experience that level of quality in a finish. The tiniest of details can make or break a finish!

I hope the review helps!

Tim

Comment

Excellent review Tim
                Thaaaaaanks

Comment

Very nice detailed review.

Have you had the chance to try the new W64 backing plate and compare it to the old W64 yet?
                  Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
                    Thanks everyone! I appreciate it!

I thought this review was important as so many people assume that if you just use the right compounds, polishes and LSP's that they can get that 'show car' finish that see on MOL and elsewhere, when simply that is not the case. It is the "Whole Package" that makes it possible for a person to experience that level of quality in a finish. The tiniest of details can make or break a finish!

I hope the review helps!

Tim
                    You're my inspiration to get W68 (and get rid the standard makita baking plate), and after using it i notice that it's good that W68 plate does not have Velcro all the way to the edge. It helps the pad to flex more (compared to the one that have Velcro all the way to the edge) in order to cope with tight curve. Similar to what you've said the tiniest of details can make a difference.

thanks Tim!

Comment

Originally posted by switerajaya View Post
                      You're my inspiration to get W68 (and get rid the standard makita baking plate), and after using it i notice that it's good that W68 plate does not have Velcro all the way to the edge. It helps the pad to flex more (compared to the one that have Velcro all the way to the edge) in order to cope with tight curve. Similar to what you've said the tiniest of details can make a difference.

thanks Tim!
                      You are welcome! I am glad the review helped!

Tim

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');