• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 VW Beetle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 VW Beetle

This 2001 VW Beetle Turbo belongs to a friend of mine. It sits outside 24/7 and occasionally sees the local coin op wash. I took the opportunity to show/teach him about proper car care and how to use the G100. The day started off really nice with the sun out and not a cloud in the sky. After we finished, it was cloudy with rain in the area. Unfortunately, this didn't make for wonderful "after" shots, but here it is anyways.

We found that M83 on an 8006 pad achieved the results the owner was looking for. We didn't go for 100% correction since this vehicle is a daily driver and sits outside. Overall, we achieve about 90% correction and the owner was thrilled. We followed up the M83 with NXT 2.0.

There were a few spots I hit with the rotary using M105 on a cutting pad. I did a couple passes of M105 on a polishing pad with the rotary on the headlights. They had a lot of sand sparkle and really needed to be wetsanded. Overall, the car turn out great and we had a great time. Nothing like hanging out with a good friend and teaching them a thing or two about detailing.

Everyone always wants a full car picture, and normally I do, too. However, with the bad weather rolling in after we finished, the "after" shot doesn't look any better than the "before". But here it is...

BEFORE

AFTER

Colin
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Re: 2001 VW Beetle

Very solid job Colin. You left no stone unturned, and I was surprised at some of the stuff you removed. Hats off!

Comment

The bug looks great, Colin. I bet your friend was pleasantly surprised with your results.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Nice work!

Is this a turbo diesel or a turbo modification?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
          Nice work!

Is this a turbo diesel or a turbo modification?
          It's stock from the factory with the turbo. I believe its a 1.8L turbocharged gas motor.
          A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
            The bug looks great, Colin. I bet your friend was pleasantly surprised with your results.
            He sure was. He didn't realize what you could do with the right tools and knowledge. He told me afterwards that he basically gave up on even waxing it because it just didn't do anything for it. He said he'd spend the time waxing and then couldn't tell he had done anything when he was done. Now its good to go and I think he will be more apt to take care of it.

Colin

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');