• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to apply pure polish(m07) with DA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to apply pure polish(m07) with DA

is there a certain amount of time it takes to work it in?
    how much pressure
    speed at 2-3? but then not much presssure can be applied!

I guess, just when do you know when you can move on to the next section

2002 Yellow Chevy Monte Carlo SS
    My Albums: http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/pp24/Johnson0667/

Re: how to apply pure polish(m07) with DA

There are many threads on this subject. Basically you should rub it "into" the paint, let it get a skim coat (not completely dry) and then wipe it off. I don't apply it with a DA as it goes on just as fast by hand. You are just quickly applying it to the paint and then removing it.

If I were to use a DA I'd use set it at 3 and just press lightly... about 5lbs of pressure. No need to knock yourself out.

From Mike *******:

"M07 is a non-abrasive pure polish, it has the richest concentrations of Meguiar's Trade Secret Polishing oils and has been around since probably the 1920's and it works just as good today as it did when the Model T was coming off the assembly line.

Both products are applied to a section at a time, worked over the finish gently but thoroughly and then immediately wiped off.

After you go around the car with one of the above, (there's no real need to do both), you would then apply your choice of wax or a paint sealant.

Waxes and paint sealants need to fully dry before removing."

and

"Apply to clean paint using a clean, soft dry applicator pad. Most people work section by section or panel by panel and then remove before moving on and applying to the rest of the car.

Working Section by Section would be applying to a quarter of a car hood and then removing the excess and moving on to the next section on the hood.

Working Panel by Panel would be applying to the entire front passenger's side fender and then removing the excess before moving onto another panel."

and everything you ever wanted to know about M07;

http://www.autopia.org/forum/detaili...-phillips.html

Comment

Re: how to apply pure polish(m07) with DA

I've never been able to apply polish with a DA without the product gumming up on the finish.

I recommend applying #7, and any other of Meguiar's polishes, by hand only. The Hi-Tech applicator sponge pad works well for this.
      r. b.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');