• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Car Glaze #7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Car Glaze #7

I've read in several places that applying a glaze under your wax is the usual procedure. But some other people have mentioned that you can also put glaze over the wax.

So if applied over the wax, does show car glaze #7 strip the wax?

Thanks for the help!

Re: Show Car Glaze #7

Originally posted by d2005 View Post
    So if applied over the wax, does show car glaze #7 strip the wax?
    No, #7 won't strip the wax. It simply won't last very long, certainly not beyond the first rain or carwash. But if you really want to impress someone for a day, and do not care about durability, then apply some #7 and get ready for the compliments. On dark colors especially it really does add a wet richness--hence the name, Show Car Glaze.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

That's a bit of a relief.

I put a coat on this morning over a week old layer of wax.

When i went over the surface of the vehicle again it squeaked!

Good to know that's just the glaze making noise and not bare paint.

Thanks!

Comment

It's all good

The glaze won't last but a washing or a good rain. It's usually used prior to waxing. Although I've read that folks use it just before a car show to give their paint some extra gloss!

I recently bought Last Touch and love it as a QD, leaves the paint smooth and glossy!
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

It is a optional step. Like Aaron said, some place very special or a car show is when I break it out.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');