• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Needs to Breathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paint Needs to Breathe

Hey I have bumped into a little problem, I had just had my front resprayed but the guy used cutting compound and left holograms, so scratchX should be able to fix that right? And the relevant question is he also waxed it afterwards, then I read on these forums that if I use DC1 it should remove the wax. Is it too late? It was left on with wax for about a week.

Comment

Hello RtN I was alarmed at your post relating that your "paint guy" actually waxed the front end after he had repainted it. I am having a partial professional paint job done on just the trunk and the hood of my 2005 G35 Infinity black. And I do not have a place to garage it for 30 to 60 days afterwards.
      I don't know how to protect the new paint from dust and contaminants. I would need to apply a product that protects by hand. Does anyone know what protective product I could use?

Comment

Originally posted by TXTeacher View Post
        Hello RtN I was alarmed at your post relating that your "paint guy" actually waxed the front end after he had repainted it. I am having a partial professional paint job done on just the trunk and the hood of my 2005 G35 Infinity black. And I do not have a place to garage it for 30 to 60 days afterwards.
        I don't know how to protect the new paint from dust and contaminants. I would need to apply a product that protects by hand. Does anyone know what protective product I could use?
        M305 can be used on fresh paint as it's breathable.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Good information here. But I still have a simple concern/question for a car I just had painted.

Is the quick detailer ok to help clean up and remove the compound the left from when they buffed the areas? Does a quick detailer "seal" the paint?

Comment

Quick Detailer would be safe to use.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');