• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so are there any training DVDs for rotary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so are there any training DVDs for rotary?

ive been looking around a bit.. found the one training DVD by Mike Phillips that was cancelled ect..

whats available right now?

Re: so are there any training DVDs for rotary?

I'd be curious to know, too, Scott.

Colin
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Check this out if you have not already:

► Facebook: http://meguiars.us/VXtKe6► Instagram: http://meguiars.us/BsApE8► Twitter: http://meguiars.us/YIJF6h(800) 347-5700customercare@meguiars.com-------...

You can see Mike P. give a cheesy smile at 10:10. Rotary work starts around minute 16:00
      NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
        Check this out if you have not already:

You can see Mike P. give a cheesy smile at 10:10. Rotary work starts around minute 16:00
        Good vid

Comment

After watching the video, I noticed when Mike was using the RB there was so little product used that it looked like he was polishing with a dry pad. You couldn't even see any product on the black car when he was buffing. Is this the way it should be? If so, I think I know what has been causing my problems when using the RB. I've been using too much product.

Colin
          A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
            After watching the video, I noticed when Mike was using the RB there was so little product used that it looked like he was polishing with a dry pad. You couldn't even see any product on the black car when he was buffing. Is this the way it should be? If so, I think I know what has been causing my problems when using the RB. I've been using too much product.

Colin
            At what point in the video? I'll take a look.

Comment

Basically throughout the entire video. I'll find a specific spot, though.

Colin

Comment

I'm having problems with YouTube. I can't get any of their videos to play. This has been going on for a while. Bear with me, Eddie, I'll get a spot for you.

Colin

Comment

I havn't watched it for a while. I'll take a look at the part when using the rotary.

Comment

I jumped to 17 - 19 minutes into the video,after the wetsanding techniques. I watched the cutting pad(maroon W7000) with a fast cutting compound,#84.
                    That's normal for the amount of product. He would be doing a section with that and not the whole hood. Plus the material on the pad for priming.

Comment

Thanks, Eddie. Now I know why my pad was always gumming up. I was using way too much product.

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
                        Thanks, Eddie. Now I know why my pad was always gumming up. I was using way too much product.

Colin
                        I think it's an old video now,but it's still good to watch. If you follow the examples,you should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');