• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Mildew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Mildew

I have a 1970 Camaro stored in a unheated garage. The seats, which are original, have some mildew on them. What product should I use to remove the mildew without harming the vinyl or affecting the color which is black.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I have no clue, but did you try the website, "Ask Jeeves". You'll probably find something there.

Comment

Re: Removing Mildew

Originally posted by brianh
      I have a 1970 Camaro stored in a unheated garage. The seats, which are original, have some mildew on them. What product should I use to remove the mildew without harming the vinyl or affecting the color which is black.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
      ~One man’s opinion / observations~

Wash the vinyl with a solution of distilled water / Lysol disinfectant
      Leave windows open for as long as feasible to ‘air out’ the interior
      Apply a vinyl dressing when surfaces are dry

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]
      justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ JonM
      ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

After cleaning away what you can I suspect a good dosing of ozone and/or ultraviolet light might help kill of any that would be left.
        Later,
        Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
        Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');