• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

product usage: wipe on /wipe off confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• product usage: wipe on /wipe off confusion

Hey guys so I know all meguiar's products are "wipe on / wipe off" except for the waxes and sealants, however I'm still confused with the difference between paint cleaner and polish, for example I have some dc1 paint cleaner and m81 hand polish,

I saw in one meguiarsUSA video on youtube during polishing (with an orbital), the guy says when applying the polish not to go over the same part twice. Would that also apply for a hand polish like m81? Is this also a rule to use for paint cleaner?

With the dc1 paint cleaner I've applied a liberal amount to an applicator pad (to make sure there's enough lubrication) and worked it into the paint while still wet using circular motions, going over the same area maybe twice, then wipe off using straight motions with an MF, first vertical, then horizontal, then a final wipe with a clean portion to make sure the residue is gone, this sounds right, but I'm just not sure

I used the same method for the hand polish, but something tells me you need to work the polish differently cause it's not cleaning but conditioning the paint and adding oils. How should the m81 be applied differently than the paint cleaner, and am I even applying the paint cleaner correctly?

Thanks for all the help!!

Re: product usage: wipe on /wipe off confusion

For a mild product like DC1, or a pure polish, that sounds pretty good. You dont need to work them in for long.

If you are trying to remove swirls with a stronger product, you definately will be going over the area more than once.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');