• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nashville tn area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nashville tn area

looking for a pro detailer in nashville or sorrounding area. i have a p/c 7424xp and lake county kompressor pads along with megs # 80 speed grit, but am not comfortable going to far with my black mercedes slk32. would like someone to either show me how to use the tools or do a pro detail on the paint for me

Re: nashville tn area

Hey dont be afraid show us some pictures of what your trying to do use some swirlX with the polishing pad to remove fine scrathces and swirls, thats basically all you can to with the pc. YOu dont have to be afraid not saying this to be rude but it is basically idiot proof. You dont need to worrie about ruining your paint it is virtually impossible with a dual action polisher. I am far from a pro but got sweet results and trust me you wont mess anything up

Comment

Oh if your wondering about what all to try and obviously if you have a mercedes your not hurting for money. do a two bucket wash, clay the car, try the swirlX first if that doesnt remove them try Ultimate compound, Then Get a pure polish go over that with the finishing pad. Then throw 1 or 2 coats of NXT or M21 sealant over the top or even both NXT 2.0 that is Sealant then for some extra shine that wont last long only untill a good rain or wash you can put another coat of polish over the top of the wax or sealant. If you want to spend the money go for the M205 I have never used it but the results I have seen people get out of it is amazing. I will be ordering M105 and M205 soon.

Comment

Check what Chris Chris - PorscheGuy997 (Southern Indiana) has to offer. Its in a bit of a different area but if youre willing to drive or you two figure something out, I bet you will learn ALOT of things from him.

Comment

Originally posted by 32krazy! View Post
          looking for a pro detailer in nashville or sorrounding area. i have a p/c 7424xp and lake county kompressor pads along with megs # 80 speed grit, but am not comfortable going to far with my black mercedes slk32. would like someone to either show me how to use the tools or do a pro detail on the paint for me
          I wish you were closer to the Atlanta area; I would invite you over for coaching session with you getting hands on experience.

You get to do 90% of the work while I make sure you have the proper techniques following the correct process while explaining why we do it this way or that way so you don’t have to worry about mistakes. I already made them so you don’t have to! Sending a PM.
          The way a person treats their car is a direct reflection of how they treat themselves

Comment

I'm in Nashville, although not a professional...just do it as a hobby. As a general rule, I believe that MB clearcoats are rather hard. I'm not sure if a DA + M80 would provide the cut needed.
            NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Hey 32krazy, I am also in Nashville and have also shopped around for a good Meg's guy to do my black Yukon Denali. I used a guy and he did a great job getting out swirl marks and making my paint look nice and wet. He is a super nice guy and I'm sure he would do a little "clinic" of some nature with us to show us the ropes. I have recently become a car enthusiast myself and am wanting to do everything I can to preserve my paint! I've never really thought of doing a class like this before, but that would be a great idea. Let's do it!!

Comment

Hi,
                I'm from Nashville area as well, to be precise Franklin TN. I've been reading forum for about a year now. It would be nice to get together and detail a car for fun. I have G110, m105, m205, m09, m83, m07, and few other products i guess with that we can tackle that Mercedes. What do you guys think?

Comment

Hey Will (I think I detailed your Denali?) and 32krazy. I'm always happy to give advice. If the rain ever stops I would be happy to help you guys with a "clinic" as long as you tell your friends about me Send me a message on here, or check out my website for my contact info http://www.docdetail.net. (if I'm not allowed to post that please remove it). Thanks look forward to hearing from you guys.
                  Dr. Detail: I am the detail genius from the movie "Shine."
                  Guard: And your name is...?
                  Dr. Detail: Uhh... Shiney McShine.

Comment

Originally posted by DrdetailNashville View Post
                    Hey Will (I think I detailed your Denali?) and 32krazy. I'm always happy to give advice. If the rain ever stops I would be happy to help you guys with a "clinic" as long as you tell your friends about me Send me a message on here, or check out my website for my contact info http://www.docdetail.net. (if I'm not allowed to post that please remove it). Thanks look forward to hearing from you guys.
                    Since one of the mods will probably remove your website (the rule is no clickable links before 30 substantial posts), here it is: http://www.docdetail.net
                    Shane
                    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

thanx guys. work has me swamped but finally ,made it back. as for the clinic heres an offer. if detail doc and anyone else wants to drive to the boro and hold a clinic at my house ill set up my 10x10 canopy and after ill grill for the crowd. we can do deer chili if you want or steaks on the grill and taters somethin good!!

brianpow84 dont take this the wrong way. but having a benz doesnt mean im rich. i sold my harley and shopped for 6 months to find the right car for me. if i toast the paint it would take me a couple yrs to save the cash to repaint it because i dont borrow money for toys. its cash or nothing.

Comment

So now we have to schedule the date. DetailNashville make sure to bring plenty of cards.

Comment

Originally posted by jarekdadej View Post
                          So now we have to schedule the date. DetailNashville make sure to bring plenty of cards.
                          im drag racing my car in steele al on oct 23 which is a fri home sat. off most weekends so ya'll just pick a date. hopefully i wont tear anything up on the 23!!!

Comment

I'm assuming you want to do this after your race? I'm available that same weekend (so the 24th I guess), I am busy the next weekend though. How about Saturday, November 7th. I know that is pretty far off, but that gives everyone time to make plans. Let me know that you think.
                            Dr. Detail: I am the detail genius from the movie "Shine."
                            Guard: And your name is...?
                            Dr. Detail: Uhh... Shiney McShine.

Comment

11/7 is good for me. yall let me know what you want eat! pork tenderloins steaks burgers deer chili mannicotti lasagna i do it all

im going to tape up the rear qaurter panels with painters tape to try to keep the debris off the car. i have some spots were the paint is toast from road debris but just want to do the best i can with what i have!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');