• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars should open up an all meguiars product store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars should open up an all meguiars product store

HELLO EVERYONE, I wish that meguiars would open up stores nation wide, I know it would cost a lot of money, but it sure would be nice to walk into a store that carried every product meguiars makes that way we wouldnt have to order everything online, pay for shipping and then wait a few days to recieve. I dont know about everyone else but I am really impatient when I want something I want it now. Sorry if I sound like an idiot I am on 3 different pain killers and had a few drinks. (having back problems)

Re: Meguiars should open up an all meguiars product store

I would be happy if you could just special order the mirror glaze products from the local auto parts stores. kinda like the regular car parts when they dont have them in stock.

Comment

Meh. I don't like the idea of a Meguiars-specific store actually. I would love to see a detailing product store though along the lines of Autogeek, autopia, or properautocare. I'm not a big brand loyalist kinda guy - but a real deal detailing store chain would be great.
      If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to record the event, how can you be certain that there was a tree or even a forest to begin with?

Comment

I find it almost impossible to get access to all the Meguiars in Canada, Have to go on line.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin A View Post
          Meh. I don't like the idea of a Meguiars-specific store actually. I would love to see a detailing product store though along the lines of Autogeek, autopia, or properautocare. I'm not a big brand loyalist kinda guy - but a real deal detailing store chain would be great.
          I would not mind having a Meg's only store, that would be great, but I second the real deal detailing chain idea. Something run by Autogeek or Autopia would be amazing; even if they had one per major city or something of that nature that would suffice. Why aren't there any detailing companies/centers in NYC?!
          James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
          Calais Auto Detailing
          CalaisDetails@aim.com
          www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by scott0999 View Post
            I would be happy if you could just special order the mirror glaze products from the local auto parts stores. kinda like the regular car parts when they dont have them in stock.
            I have ordered megs stuff from OReillys, as long as I know what I am looking for, they will order it for you. I have had what I needed in one to two days.
            Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

I dont like the idea since more than likely I would end up going broke.
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Im with you Tuck!!
                Tracy
                765-413-7547
                Autobritedetailing@gmail.com

Comment

I think the problem with Meguiars opening up their own walk-in stores is that the prices would have to be full retail. Meguiars will not compete with their distributors, and if they did they would risk losing their core wholesale business.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianPow84 View Post
                    HELLO EVERYONE, I wish that meguiars would open up stores nation wide, I know it would cost a lot of money, but it sure would be nice to walk into a store that carried every product meguiars makes that way we wouldnt have to order everything online, pay for shipping and then wait a few days to recieve. I dont know about everyone else but I am really impatient when I want something I want it now. Sorry if I sound like an idiot I am on 3 different pain killers and had a few drinks. (having back problems)

Manufacturers always never operate stores of their own. That is because not only is it far cheaper to have different retailers and distributors doing the selling for manufacturers, they are also more capable and more specialized in pushing out products to the consumers. They simply buy a huge number of stocks from Meguiar's, sell them to the consumers, and repeat the cycle indefinitely. Meguiar's simply offers technical support and marketing for their own products, so vendors could focus on purchasing and selling. A very efficient system.

If Meguiar's does indeed start operating stores of its own, retailers and distributors would have no incentives of carrying Meguiar's products anymore. Why? Because Meguiar's themselves would be able to sell at near MSRP prices to compete with retailers.

One thing I notice is that the staff on MOL almost NEVER promotes Meguiar's Direct as a source to purchase Meguiar's products. Instead, I notice that the Meguiar's stakeholders on MOL ALWAYS tell people buy Meguiar's products from their local Walmart, Pepboys, Autozone, ADS, etc, etc... That's because Meguiar's doesn't want their vendors to lose the incentives to purchase from Meguiar's.

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
                      Manufacturers always never operate stores of their own. That is because not only is it far cheaper to have different retailers and distributors doing the selling for manufacturers, they are also more capable and more specialized in pushing out products to the consumers. They simply buy a huge number of stocks from Meguiar's, sell them to the consumers, and repeat the cycle indefinitely. Meguiar's simply offers technical support and marketing for their own products, so vendors could focus on purchasing and selling. A very efficient system.

If Meguiar's does indeed start operating stores of its own, retailers and distributors would have no incentives of carrying Meguiar's products anymore. Why? Because Meguiar's themselves would be able to sell at near MSRP prices to compete with retailers.

One thing I notice is that the staff on MOL almost NEVER promotes Meguiar's Direct as a source to purchase Meguiar's products. Instead, I notice that the Meguiar's stakeholders on MOL ALWAYS tell people buy Meguiar's products from their local Walmart, Pepboys, Autozone, ADS, etc, etc... That's because Meguiar's doesn't want their vendors to lose the incentives to purchase from Meguiar's.
                      Hey invisible, have you ever been to a LORDCO store ? ( since you live in BC I'm assuming you have)

Their price on meguiars products is insane.

64oz of NXT car wash for 20 !!!! ( its sold on autogeek for 9 bucks)

and a #9 polish for 27 bucks!!!

really makes me wonder how much profit these meg-carrying stores are making

Comment

YUP! Even with my company account, their detailing products are very expensive. The only detailing related product I get from Lordco is the green 3M bodyshop tape. But even those tapes are poor in quality. After being on the car for four days, they start to leave sticky residue on the surface...

Even Canadian Tire sells the Gold Class Wash for $20 lol... and the DC System Step 1 to 3 each costs $15 a bottle.

Though, Canadian Tire does sell the M40 and M26 for pretty good prices. $16.99, which is not much more expensive than Autogeek.

I know that certain chemicals imported into Canada are subject to some sort tariff. I am not sure if that's the reason why SOME Meguiar's products are so expensive in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
                          YUP! Even with my company account, their detailing products are very expensive. The only detailing related product I get from Lordco is the green 3M bodyshop tape. But even those tapes are poor in quality. After being on the car for four days, they start to leave sticky residue on the surface...

Even Canadian Tire sells the Gold Class Wash for $20 lol... and the DC System Step 1 to 3 each costs $15 a bottle.

Though, Canadian Tire does sell the M40 and M26 for pretty good prices. $16.99, which is not much more expensive than Autogeek.

I know that certain chemicals imported into Canada are subject to some sort tariff. I am not sure if that's the reason why SOME Meguiar's products are so expensive in Canada.
                          3M tape? Currently I'm using the painter's green tape from Canadian tire.

Is the 3m tape cheaper than the green painter's tape when using your membership? Or is it just a personal preference sort of thing?

Comment

I wouldn't mind having a Meg's store around. Like Calais said earlier even if they only have one per major city/market, I'm smack dab in between Philly and B-More so that would be a nice roadtrip for me.....and I love roadtrips!

I can find alot of what I need here at out PnB shops. Lancaster is home to the Manhiem Auto Auction and if you've never been there it's flippin huge!
                            Most places carry everything in the Mirror Glaze brand with the exception of the 100 series and 205 (we're behind the times by a few years). Don't see too much in the Detailer line which surprises me.

Brian, I hope you're not popping pills and drinking! I've picked up several stiffs who had done the same thing, you'll wake up dead!
                            For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Originally posted by Underdawg736 View Post
                              Lancaster is home to the Manhiem Auto Auction and if you've never been there it's flippin huge!
                              I happen to be in PA at the moment, what is this place? Is it an annual event?
                              James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                              Calais Auto Detailing
                              CalaisDetails@aim.com
                              www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');