• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie ALERT!! *thats me*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie ALERT!! *thats me*

Hi,

My name is chris and i have a 2000 honda civic si with electron blue pearl paint. The previous owner took care of the interior/exterior very well, as the paint looks very very good.

I just need some tips on maintaining the look... Tell me if any of the steps is wrong and if the products im using is wrong or not in order. THANKS!

1) NXT Car Wash (using chenlle (sp) mitt)
    2) ClayBar from Meguiars (after washing my car, before drying)
    3) Rinse the car
    4) Dry the car with (DAH ABOSORBER)
    5) Clean the Paint (Paint Cleaner (step1) Meguiars)
    6) Polish the Paint (Polish (step2) Meguiars)
    7) NXT WAX x2 (Wax,Meguiars)

Then after rainstorms and such i use a soft diaper and wipe off the dirt with Quik Detailer.

HOWS THAT!?
    K

Hi Chris ! to Meguairs online !

Looks like your plan should do the trick, but I think I waould wash the car after a rainstorm...but thats just me there may be other opinions. I would save the qd for in between washing for light dust etc.
    If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Welcome!
      Save the diaper for babies get some MF's.

SRT-10 Silver

Comment

ooo and i bought that lil duster thingy that traps dust and wont scratch the car. It looks like a red handheld mop lol. So i guess ill use that!
        K

Comment

Me Too

Another new guy here who wants to start detailing.

I want to standardize on using all Meguiars products for my new Black Mustang GT.

I`m going use Chris`s ( above ) steps but what Meguiars products should I use for the Paint Cleaner and Polish before using the NXT Wax ?

BTW: I`m glad to see NXT will be available in a wax form in 2005 !

Comment

to Meguiar's Online!

I think your plan would produce great results!!! I would highly suggest reading this...
            How to remove a defect by hand using ScratchX
            This would probably also work for the paint cleaner since you're trying to remove mild defects.
            2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Hey,

I have to agree with Brian. I would wash the car after a rain storm, just to be safe. And as the others have pointed out, your product selection will work fine!

Good luck and keep us posted!!

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');