• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Ford Fusion Sport - Tuxedo Black Metallic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Ford Fusion Sport - Tuxedo Black Metallic

We performed a 'complete' on this beautiful 2010 Ford Fusion Sport AWD.

It had only 1,700 miles on it. This is the 4th car we've detailed from Steve & Joni. You might recall the 2007 Fusion http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32736 that we detailed earlier this year. Unfortunately that Fusion was demolished by a driver who was texting on a cell phone and ran a red light. Luckily, Joni escaped with her life but with some serious injuries. This 2010 Fusion is a replacement for the 2007.

The first thing I noticed about it is the styling...WOW, Ford finally got sport sedan styling exactly right IMHO. The suspension is tight and sporty and the engine is responsive and powerful. I was very impressed with the complete package.

Our experience with 2007 and newer Fords has been rock-hard clear coat. This Fusion was no exception. The swirling was pretty light, but to remove it required the Nuke combo - M95 on a Rotary w/ a Solo maroon wool pad. We followed that up with M205 on a PC w/ a green 5.5" pad.

Unfortunately, it was very difficult to capture the swirls on camera due to the metal flake. You can see some swirling here but it was more evident in person:

The paint is a really unique black metallic with flakes in purple, blue, gold, silver, and green. It looks like a sparkling jewelry box in the sun

Here is a test spot - can't really see the difference in the picture, but in person you could see the swirls around the test spot:

This was the first car we detailed without AudionutMike in quite a while. Mike had back surgery earlier this week and is out of commission for several months. Needless to say after a 12 hour day we miss him dearly!!

Here was our process:

Wash
    • 3 bucket wash with Nxt car wash
    • Wheels cleaned with All Wheel Cleaner
    • Windows washed with Stoener's Invisiglass
    Paint
    • M95 via Rotary on Solo Maroon pad @ 1700 RPM, KBM
    • M205 via PC on LC Green 5.5" pad @ speed 5, KBM
    • M21 via PC
    Wheels
    • Sealed with Cleaner Wax
    • Rubber treated with Endurashine Gel
    Interior
    • Plastic/Vinyl treated with Natural Shine
    • Leather treated with Gold Class leather conditioner
    And now for the afters:

and finally, not a great picture for showing details but I like it nonetheless:

Thanks for looking

Re: 2010 Ford Fusion Sport - Tuxedo Black Metallic

Woah, that thing is so shiney you cant even get a picture without the orbs being in it!
    I must say its a very sharp looking car. Very sporty and stylish.

Whats the name of the color?

Comment

Wow, awesome work!!

You did a really nice job on that Fusion! the paint, wheels, and tires all come together and look perfect!!!
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

First time to see that model. Paint looks awesome esp. the metal flakes. Excellent work man!
        Learning new things everyday

Comment

Excellent work! I love that new Ford black. It looks amazing in the sun in person.

I'm also REALLY tempted to snag a Fusion Sport for myself... I really like the style!

Comment

Originally posted by Fischer View Post
            Woah, that thing is so shiney you cant even get a picture without the orbs being in it!
            I must say its a very sharp looking car. Very sporty and stylish.

Whats the name of the color?
            The color is called, Blinging Sapphire...

This is possibly the best looking Ford sedan ever. It is made to compete directly with the A4, and not just be in its class. You can see the quality in the smooth paint job. Even other German sedans in the same class that cost twice as much as this car do not have such good paint jobs!

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
              The color is called, Blinging Sapphire...

This is possibly the best looking Ford sedan ever. It is made to compete directly with the A4, and not just be in its class. You can see the quality in the smooth paint job. Even other German sedans in the same class that cost twice as much as this car do not have such good paint jobs!
              well said,

anyway JOb welldone, superb detailed...keep it up
              it only takes a little patience and plenty of PASSION!!

detailing blog

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com

Comment

Tuxedo Black Metallic

Comment

Thanks Jeff,
                  Another job well done by you and Kerri. Yes, you hit the nail right on the head as far as describing the Fusion. I can't believe the 3.5l V6 puts out 270hp, almost as much as my GT Mustang. And it is AWD with that European Styling. After doing my '67 and '07 Mustangs and Joni's '07 and '10 Fusions, it still amazes me how well these jobs come out. That 'Tuxedo Black Metallic' really shines in the sun. I hope Mike gets better soon so he can help you again. You are both a great team. Thanks again............
                  Steve and Joni.

Comment

It is a nice Fusion... I wish Europe had that...
                    When I am in US... I wanted European cars...
                    now that I am in Europe... I want US cars...
                    haha

very nice job BTW!!

Comment

Great work as usual. The Fusion looks fantastic. Really like the Tuxedo black.

Mike, hope you make a complete recovery from your surgery.
                      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments everyone

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes J.A.
                          Man, Jeff, that came out amazing. That paint really looks "wet". I remember what it looked like when we first did a test panel on it, that was some hard paint, but you and Kerri did a great job!
                          I must have texted you a hundred times while you were working on it. I hated laying here on the couch knowing that you working without me. I'll be back soon enough!!!!

Jolly good show, Major!
                          The power of the flex compells you!!!

Comment

Thanks Mike, believe me you were/are sorely missed! Just take your time and get healed up properly so you never have to go through that ordeal again

Comment

Mike,
                              I could tell it wasn't the same without you just from talking to Jeff. Though, Kerri did a great job on the interior, etc. We are leaving it in the garage as long as possible. LOL. Get better soon so you can go out there and show your skill some more..........Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');