• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2002 Ford Explorer.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Ford Explorer.....

Gang,

Here's a 2002 Ford Explorer. I did this car before and got it back for it's annual TLC session. With my new arsenal, I have M105/M205, UC/SX and 2.0 pads to try out.

My first run of M105 stunk, the product dried up and with another thread discussing it, I am not going to give up, shrink my work area and use less product . I used my handy HF rotary with an 8207 pad and M105, it turned out marvelous. I only had a couple of what I call Pad Puking but the session went well and no splattering on the windshield.

Process:
    Wash - Coin-op - Two bucket at home with GC.
    Clay - Meguiar's Clay kit.
    Polish - M105/M205 (a little UC in the dialing process) with 8207 pads
    Final Polish - M66 - 9006 pad
    Wax - Do Do Juice Diamond White wax
    Engine Bay - M40
    Exterior Plastics - M40/GCTD/ASD (tried all three on certain parts)
    Interior - QID/APC+/Quik Out Aerosol.
    Wheels/Tires - Eagle One All Wheel/TIRE cleaner - Hot Rims Multi Piece Wheel Cleaner - Daytona Wheel brush (Great brush y'all need to get one)

Befores:

Not real bad, knocked down a lot of the swirls with M83/M02/M80 last session and a whole lot less pads!

Tree sap, I hate this stuff! Came off pretty good though. This is on the hood.

Got bugs in our area:

And puppies in our front seat (nose marks???)

The fender flares and bumpers are plastic but easy enough to maintain. Which reminds me that I was going to give some ASD to them to maintain them.....

The back bumper as mentioned, plastic and the black was almost a grey/white and I used M40 and ASD.....

Interior: Coffee stain? QO and APC+ applied:

I've seen worse interiors and this is not bad, again QO and APC+:

Afters:

Engine Bay: Sorry no befores, really really dusty, no leaks so no oil or grease:

After Exterior: Sorry not too many photos, was a little strapped on time: I could not get a decent sun shot with my camera and gave up. Not one Swirl, maybe a few isolated RIDS but this car looked very good in the sun and with my Dual Xenon!

Do Do Juice Diamond White curing:

After removing:

The tires aren't dressed, the wind was blowing so hard that that any spray would have landed in the next town, which was fine with the owner, he liked how they looked.....

I used M205-8207 pad on the rear windows as they had bad water spotting and so, away I went and they turned out great, they did not shine before!

Not as many pictures as some of my details but next time I'll take more! I am getting faster at this whole thing. Last year it took me two days to get what I did in one day this go around.

I love the 2.0 pads, throw in washer and dryer, I threw my old ones in too, they are still holding up! Only lost 2 pads since starting this madness.

The owner was happy which made me happy.

Thanks for looking.

Aaron
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Re: 2002 Ford Explorer.....

Nice work Nappers. Great job on that Explorer, nothing wrong with a little TLC every now and then.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Great job, Aaron! What did you use to clean the seats?
      Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

APC+ on the seats and I sprayed Quik Out on the carpet and spritzed some APC+ on it and scrub, rinse, extract (shop vac).

Comment

Very nice work again Nappers...

wonder how did u removed
          those knocked down a lot of the swirls with M83/M02/M80 last session and a whole lot less pad

keep it up & keep it spinning
          it only takes a little patience and plenty of PASSION!!

detailing blog

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by KC's View Post
            Very nice work again Nappers...

wonder how did u removed
            those knocked down a lot of the swirls with M83/M02/M80 last session and a whole lot less pad

keep it up & keep it spinning
            M83/M80/M04 are great products, I dialed in a process using M04 to knock down the big oxidization which was primarily on the drivers side and hood, then used M83 and finished with M80 with NXT 2.0 wax if memory serves.

I was pad poor then and I would dial a process in, wash my pads and spin them on my rotary and lay them out in the sun and they were dry by the time I needed them, use a couple and wash them and keep repeating that process, it worked for the time being, now it's just easy to rip a pad off and grab another

Here's the original thread on it:

2002 Ford Explorer.....

I didn't mention it in the thread but I do know I used M83 with it.....

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');