• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass/Dash cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass/Dash cleaning

This is a thread that I had done before. Mike Phillips,at the time had asked me to provide pics,and how cost effective this was.

Okay,I was cleaning the interior today when I remebered.
    I personaly don't like cleaning the inside of windshields and getting right into the part where it meets the dash. This helps me when i'm doing the dash or the glass and can be used either way.

Normaly I use a microfibre or applicator with cleaner or protectant on it,but today I noticed how grubby my dash was and wanted to spray liquid directly onto it as i find the micro's absorb. Cleaning was better as the liquid could run into the crevices(leather effect). After I applied natural Shine.

Firstly,a piece of this plastic material is found in DIY stores and is cheap.It is easily cut with a box cutter to make any length.Secondly,it's not time consuming to use and it saves me a lot of time. I have quite angled,difficult to reach parts and the Insight is ten times worse. Once i'm finished,it gets a quick clean and kept for the next time.

The shape of my dash makes it difficult to get a bottle to point directly at the farthest point. That's how much would have went on the glass.
    Below the glass is clean.

Again,moving along a bit..getting a bit harder to reach because of the instrument cluster.

And so on.....

This only took me about 5 minutes to clean. Without it would have taken me a lot longer...

Lastly,It's not my idea. I saw it years ago on an episode of Overhaulin' . If I remeber well,Chip's father.

Re: Glass/Dash cleaning

Spray it onto the towel. Works better that way anyways.

Comment

Spray directly into a MF towel. You don't know how great lollipop sticks are for interior cleaning and they are cheap so it doesn't matter if they break or get lost.

Hard to reach places? Wrap the MF towel with the lollipop stick and clean away

Comment

^^^ That's a pretty good one!

Comment

That spray isn't natural shine,if that's what you think. It's a ready made version similair to APC. If i sprayed directly onto micro,it wouldn't take the stuff out of the cracks. I had to let it seep on the dash for a bit,which released the grime. and it worked well.

I did use while applying the natural shine aswell...on a micro fibre,and did manage to get some streaks on the plastic. So without it,I would have smeared the glass,and as i said earlier...I don't like cleaning interior windscreen glass.
          Some vehicles are quite difficult to reach,and some are easy.

I have tried a stick before,but I find this easier and quicker in my case.

With the Insight,i'll probably need a broomstick to reach...

I like that too...

Comment

thanks for the tip, Yalerd. Never thought of that before. Thanks.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

I personally like wrapping whatever you use to clean around a plastic knife! And you can't foget the cotton swabs!
              Click for more pictures of my tC

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');