• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car on the bottles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car on the bottles?

I guess this best qualifies for the ot forum. So ever since I've been using the Mirror Glaze products I've always woundered one thing. What is the red car on the bottle? I've seen all sorts of exotic cars, but I just can't quite place it.
    Later,
    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
    Auto Detailing Solutions

Im guessing Toyota Supra?
    '87 Dante's Peak Off-Road GMC Suburban
    '01 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

No, it's got to be something extremely exotic probably. Does not look like a Supra to me. There is no logo on the nose. The closest thing I can think of that looks like it would be the late General Motors EV1, but the lines are wrong and theres no charging port. I guess no one knows.
      Later,
      Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

I am looking at their pro catalogue and it looks like I'm seeing the same car that is on their tan bottles, except that it shows more of it...I'm not up to date on the looks of fancy autos, but I think it's a Ferrari...Or maybe a Porsche?
        Last edited by rusty bumper; Mar 23, 2004, 11:29 PM.
        r. b.

Comment

Ok I did some looking around, I'm pretty convinced it's a Viper. The thing that threw me was most vipers have a small hood scoop in the front, but I wasn't aware there are some without it. The Logo would have been removed from the front bumper too, but the lines are right and so are the headlights. Unless anyone can say otherwise I think I finally figured it out.

Rusty Bumper, If you have the same professional catalog I have thats a Ferrari 360 Modena on the cover. I got to sit in a 360 Spyder, which is a convertible version of that car . And wow, what a feeling that is! That day I learned that an oil change for a Ferrari runs about $600.
          Later,
          Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Found a good picture, yep it's a Viper.

http://www.vipersales.com/redrt1.jpg
            Later,
            Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Rick

Rusty Bumper, If you have the same professional catalog I have thats a Ferrari 360 Modena on the cover. I got to sit in a 360 Spyder, which is a convertible version of that car . And wow, what a feeling that is! That day I learned that an oil change for a Ferrari runs about $600.
              $600.00!!..Cough...Cough...

What kind of oil does it use?!
              r. b.

Comment

Ferrari has it's own special $60 a quart oil that they are required to use I guess. Kind of makes me feel not so bad about spending ~$25 for a good filter and synthetic oil for my own car.

Here's an interesting link

For all the folks that complaint about the high cost of mother Mopars parts, I like to present a short list of maintnance costs on the new Ferrari Enzo:
                Oil required: Shell Helix 10w60 (syn) $60 a quart,12.2 quarts are required,cost of oil change is $732.
                Brake pads are carbon ceramic, $6000 for all 4 wheels
                brake rotors are also carbon ceramic,cost of replacemant for 4 is $24000.
                ....Better sit down for this one, if for whatever reason you spilled the engine( did I mensioned the above oil is requred to maintain warrenty)It will cost you $200,000 for a replacment.
                All figures above are copied from car & driver magazine july 2003 (just in case somebody thinks I been smoking crack when I came out with the figures)
                Of course I guess if you spent that much on the car in the first place it wouldn't look like so much.
                Later,
                Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Whew!!! That link was too expensive to read!

I wonder how much it costs to fix a flat tire?!
                  r. b.

Comment

$732 sure can buy a lot of detailing supplies, looks like i'll have to second guess buying the enzo

Comment

think about the enzo this way, you first have to be on a special list to even be considered to buy one, second the list price was something like $650K or $700K these cars ( the few that they built ) are going for well over $1 Million. So I guess seeing it from that perspective the maintenance prices arent too far out of line.

MAN THAT IS A LOT OF MONEY !!
                      If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

600 for an oil change?? ouch!!! lol
                        -Kyle

2003 SVT Cobra - Redfire
                        http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...aCorrected.jpg

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');